What secret areas have you found in the game?

sarbonn

This game rewards and punishes for exploration at the same time. You see an area you think you can explorer, and you end up against invisible barriers and walls. At the same time you think there is a place you shouldn't be able to get to and you see some body post pics there.

Just yesterday I was at Corellia. Had a quest where I had to get to an area controlled by the Imps. There was the obvious path but the area was surrounded in rubble so I assumed I could take the scenic route and bypass all the trash mobs. I actually could. Didn't run into a single mob until I reached the very end and this scenic route landed me right in the lap of an ultra elite. Some Imp Commander whose name I didn't even bother to learn.

Was this a secret passage to the destination or just a secondary path? I've no idea.

But I quit randomly searching for hidden stuff since my WoW days. I got stuck in the area people call "old Ironforge" back in vanilla WoW before this hidden site all but became a tourist attraction. But at the time I got stuck, I actually had to submit a ticket for help and I got chastised by the DM for going somewhere I shouldn't have. Told me if I did it again they would ban the account.

And then there were the times I beta tested a game, did explorering and fell off the world stuck in an endless death and fall loop. That has happened to me more than a few times. I would hate for that to happen to me and one of my level 60s. And considering how poor the support is for this game ... you character might be stuck in that loop for eternity.

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a fun necro to read.

I'm not the best explorer but I did find a little something just the other night on Hoth. I needed to go to a quest area that, of course, was wrapped around on three sides by ice walls, mountains and cliffs. As I prepared to take my umpteenth char there for the umpteenth time, I decided to just try a straight trek across the map, just to see how far I could get.

I ended up on top of a mountain, in the middle of a snowstorm. I thought I was entering an exhaustion zone, but no, the snowstorm was simply a health regen debuff. At the top was a big chest and two tiny wampas. I attacked them and these huge claws appeared on the other side of the mountain, and an enormous wampa pulled itself up onto the peak. Not hard to kill, but a fun surprise nonetheless. And I was able to get into the quest area from this vantage point, so double bonus!

I have always wanted to run along the tram rails on Corellia, but have no idea how to get there by myself.

They should implement more things like this, I love them, specially when are exclusive areas like unexpected entries to X enemy base, I love to assault with my guild the Imperial one called Mos Anek in Tatooine and kill all inside of it as the imps usually do the same with ours :D

Not really hidden, but just cool thing, On the Legacy of Rakata fp after the rakata and rancor boss there is small opening where you can see the beach and bunch of crashed republic ships and you get music cue when you walk to the edge, if you go past it you don't get the music cue.

Yeah, I know the door. That was my route back up to the top. Part of the reason I dropped down there was to see if it was just some undeveloped throw away area, to see if I would be trapped or find a way out.

The jump down is just easier and quicker.

They should implement more things like this, I love them, specially when are exclusive areas like unexpected entries to X enemy base, I love to assault with my guild the Imperial one called Mos Anek in Tatooine and kill all inside of it as the imps usually do the same with ours :D

Heh. I found that back door by accident trying to do one of my companion quests. :)

When my Guild and I were raiding bases for the NPC defender kill Achievements, we found back doors into both of the main bases on Alderaan. Twas fun to go into each cantina and dance on their bar.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.