Merc Pyromancer

fatherjimbo

I've played Pyro since the beginning, and I've never felt underpowered. I have no experience with Arms, so I haven't wanted to weigh in on the whole debate, but so far I have no complaints. I will say, if you're looking for a "pound the 1 key" class or even a class with a set rotation, I'd look elsewhere. So far, a lot of our abilities seem situational to me, and based on how the fight goes, my rotation will change.

Pyro does damage, as much damage as arsenal can. However its very spread out and you will not be making as many key kills as you could as arsenal.

Pyro is essentially a WoW affliction warlock that tab dots and has no direct damage to actually take someone down.

My biggest irk with pyro is that you have to cast to get your procs, which to me seems very silly because that means you're playing EXACTLY like arsenal, so whats the point? Why not just play arsenal and have the more effective heat system while having MUCH higher single target burst.

Arsenal does not mean you're perma rooted to the ground. If you want to do max dmg then you are but you have plenty of mobile damage.

I am a level 29 Pyro and I am loving it so far. I am still trying to get the hang of the rotation though. Its very situational and can change from fight to fight.

One question .. how do we fair in PvP. Most of the forum talk is all about PT BH and how good they are.

Edited by LordTyrantXerxis