Belsalvis Cruel Joke Or Just epic Fail

DarthWalt

So the other day I hit the belsalvis area and for the first time playing this game I found this zone to be completely epicly fail. The layout of the zone is competely wierd. You put huge walls in ares that force you travel 3/4 of the way accross the map to get around it. The travel points and bind area are not clearly marked and when you start getting into the alien tech that trasports you but doesnt seem to conect to anything make travel even worse.

Then you have the mission guilds that lead Empire players right into republic controled areas without any warning other then the 10sec timer till PvP flaged or till you get rolled by the lvl 50 champions there.

This is hands down the worse layout and design for a planet. Up to this point your layouts worked. I dont understand the point of the change for this world. It made lvling on this planet very frustrating.

This is hands down the worse layout and design for a planet. Up to this point your layouts worked. I dont understand the point of the change for this world. It made lvling on this planet very frustrating.

I'm on the same planet and having a blast.

Edited by Deathrupter

Then you have the mission guilds that lead Empire players right into republic controled areas without any warning other then the 10sec timer till PvP flaged or till you get rolled by the lvl 50 champions there.

Thanks for the heads up. I do not PvP in MMOs anymore, so have no desire to be forced into a PvP area, which is why I play on a PVE-RP server. Does this contested pvp area exsist in non-PvP servers? If it does, it should not.

Edited by Zebular

On the Republic side I found this planet a bit rubbish at first - all the huge walls forcing your path, but it does get better later with the space-cow alien areas.

Tbh my least favourite area is probably still Coruscant though - long long long corridors with occasional 90º bends and little else to relieve them are just not all that fun.

I play on a PVP server and have also been a bit disappointed to find that most levelling areas are completely separate from the opposite faction, so I've rarely ever seen an Imp on my travels.

Thanks for the heads up. I do not PvP in MMOs anymore, so have no desire to be forced into a PvP area, which is why I play on a PVE-RP server. Does this contested pvp area exsist in non-PvP servers? If it does, it should not.

I am on a PvE server so yes it does .

You dont have to got into pvp areas. If the OP had looked he wouldhave seen an alternative route that keeps you in your own territory.

As someone has already said. Leveling should be difficult and brain taxing enough to keep the no hopers out.

Leveling should be frustrating sometimes. If it's too easy, we have a bunch of 12 year old WoW nerds thinking they are awesome when they reach the level cap.

Dont call people nerds... you will get reported for it..

I already have been warned for it :(

Leveling should be frustrating sometimes. If it's too easy, we have a bunch of 12 year old WoW nerds thinking they are awesome when they reach the level cap.

No doubt but its how its done not that its hard.

Like its frustrating that I have to travel 3/4 of the way accross the map to backtrack to get to were I need to be. Were as they could have made a direct rout that I had to fight through like every other planet.

I would reather spend 20min fighting mobs to get to the portal then biking for 10 and seeing not a single mob.

You dont have to got into pvp areas. If the OP had looked he wouldhave seen an alternative route that keeps you in your own territory.

As someone has already said. Leveling should be difficult and brain taxing enough to keep the no hopers out.

Your right you dont have too. But my issue is on this planet it doesnt tell you untill your there so yes there are 2 paths but both are NOT labled so you have 50% chance to getting it right or a 50% chance of ending up in a PvP area.

So the other day I hit the belsalvis area and for the first time playing this game I found this zone to be completely epicly fail. The layout of the zone is competely wierd. You put huge walls in ares that force you travel 3/4 of the way accross the map to get around it. The travel points and bind area are not clearly marked and when you start getting into the alien tech that trasports you but doesnt seem to conect to anything make travel even worse.

I enjoyed that planeta actually. Simply because it was a bit harder to get around.

The PvP timer exists in many planets before Belsavis already. You probably never noticed it before. The timer only exists around Republic bases however, so you can go around them. So I was able to go around them quite easily. If accidentally you are set to PvP then, well, I rarely run into a Republic player anyways and after 5 mins without PvP action it disappears again, or go to a safe area and it resets.

I just like the fact that there is a planet that is a bit more for the explorer. I guess you didn't like it but I thought it was an interesting challenge to figure it all out.

If it's any help to you, the next planet is not that way.

Your right you dont have too. But my issue is on this planet it doesnt tell you untill your there so yes there are 2 paths but both are NOT labled so you have 50% chance to getting it right or a 50% chance of ending up in a PvP area.

and people said you can't explore in this game. :)