The strength datacron on hoth

DarthNevrohs

So you have to defeat a lvl 47 champ droid to loot the datacron, and todo that you need a grp. Im wondering if after you've activated the datacron will your party members also be able to use it or do each member have to loot a depleted datacron from the droid meaning will you have to kill it the same nr of times as members in your party??

You loot the datacron from the mob itself? Other quest loot drops are shared for the entire group (aka everyone can loot em) so i'm guessing its the same with this one... Haven't checked yoet though, ill get some guildies on it tonight lol :D

can you activate it while technicly in combat? I know a few mission objects that I've been able to do that on I just toss my companion at the mob while I do my real job :)

The champ droid drops a depleted datacron which you have to charge using a console at the shipyard. So you get a dpeleted datacron in your inventory which you bring to the console, activate it and then you use it. But after you've used it the datacron is still on the console which makes me wounder if others in your group would then be able to use it before it dissapears.

You loot the datacron from the mob itself? Other quest loot drops are shared for the entire group (aka everyone can loot em) so i'm guessing its the same with this one... Haven't checked yoet though, ill get some guildies on it tonight lol :D

You have to compete for the datacron like you would other gear. So only one party member will be able to loot it...

I got this datacron yesterday. We got a group, killed the boss. One received the depleted datacron. We went where the real one is. The one with the depleted opened it and all of us got the real one (+4 str). I think that even people outside the party can use the real datacron once it's opened, but I am not sure. I hope this helps. Get a group and get the datacron now :)

I got this datacron yesterday. We got a group, killed the boss. One received the depleted datacron. We went where the real one is. The one with the depleted opened it and all of us got the real one (+4 str). I think that even people outside the party can use the real datacron once it's opened, but I am not sure. I hope this helps. Get a group and get the datacron now :)

Sweet, thnx so much for the answer mate :D

• 3 weeks later...

Excacly, once opened, Datacron is accesible for few minutes to everyone.

Hard part is to find this damn droid :csw_probe: , he ventures around, we were looking for him couple minutes, and he was quite far from his "usual" snow valley.

This. Even players from opposite faction can get it.

• 2 months later...
This. Even players from opposite faction can get it.

Did this in a group of two, only the one who won the roll for the depleted datacron got it, I got again and again just the message "Ineligible for this conversation" when I tried to use the recharged datacron.

"Ineligible for this conversation" when I tried to use the recharged datacron.

This sounds like you had too many pending mission rewards. It is not the most informative error message, but if you have 3 or more pending rewards you can't access any datacron. Once the datacron is activated anyone on the planet can access it for a few minutes.

You have to compete for the datacron like you would other gear. So only one party member will be able to loot it...

although only one person can loot the key (In this case the depleted datacron) everyone can actually get the datacron once someone uses the key to unlock it.

So you have to defeat a lvl 47 champ droid to loot the datacron, and todo that you need a grp. Im wondering if after you've activated the datacron will your party members also be able to use it or do each member have to loot a depleted datacron from the droid meaning will you have to kill it the same nr of times as members in your party??

Initial post -> 01.03.2012 , 08:10 AM

Bump -> 01.03.2012 , 08:26 AM

Oh my, oh my.

As usual, heavily documented.

Group up, gather around the pod (which is still all messed up after all this time =D) and click it.

Being a social person I asked general if anyone wanted it to tell us before using it.

Edited by IPaq

And fwiw, you don't really *need* a group to kill the droid. Was able to solo ~lvl 47 (Guardian w/ Doc as companion)

And I don't consider myself all that good at reflex based gaming. One thing to keep in mind is to turn your companion passive in order to get him out of the AoE. (and then turn passive once he's out, obviously)

And fwiw, you don't really *need* a group to kill the droid. Was able to solo ~lvl 47 (Guardian w/ Doc as companion)

And I don't consider myself all that good at reflex based gaming. One thing to keep in mind is to turn your companion passive in order to get him out of the AoE. (and then turn passive once he's out, obviously)

Anybody with a knockback can easily solo it. Knock it off the cliff twice, collect loot, profit...

This sounds like you had too many pending mission rewards. It is not the most informative error message, but if you have 3 or more pending rewards you can't access any datacron. Once the datacron is activated anyone on the planet can access it for a few minutes.
More likely his quest log is full. Even though you never see a quest log entry for it, the quest symbol above datacrons you haven't accessed yet suggests that you could be barred from activating it if you have a full quest log.

So you have to defeat a lvl 47 champ droid to loot the datacron, and todo that you need a grp.

You can solo that bot (with companion of course). I've done it twice.

Im wondering if after you've activated the datacron will your party members also be able to use it or do each member have to loot a depleted datacron from the droid meaning will you have to kill it the same nr of times as members in your party??

It is available for other party members (or anyone I think, party or not) to use for a short while.

• 8 months later...

remember the December 2011 when i was there seeking ppl to group with to get it, was 3 ppl that sold spots in their raid group ready to open the datacron for the raid group

anyway worst datacron for me was the one in shaddaa that ned to jump lot of pipes and if u fall in one u need to redo the whole run from start

Edited by Kissakias