Solo Chaps @ 40?

Has anyone been able to solo champions at 40ish? if so, how are you doing it?

I tried to solo a 39 champ with my 41 Commando, and I didnt even get him to half health, so I figured it just wasn't in the cards until a level 39 Jedi Shadow rolled up while I was laying dead, and solo'd it with no problem.

What spec are you running, can you post it?

For Gunnery I generally do: Grav x3, Demo Round, Full Auto, Grav x2, HIB repeat.

In any case make sure you're using Cryo grenade to stun them and Tenacity if they stun you, knockback if it's a melee. Use your shield. Use adrenaline rush. Use a Medpack. If it's really hard use No Retreat and stun again. If they put a circle on the ground move out of it.

If it's a boss and adds, mezz the boss and kill the adds first then recover and kill the boss.

At least that's what I'm doing and so far not too much trouble.

yeah i noticed it getting much harder at high lvls also.

make sure your gear is up to snuff.. full lvl 40 pvp gear set works great for pve and is pretty easy to get including a weapon.

you really have to make appropriate use of sleeps, stuns, and knockback and your shield... be mindful of who is shooting at dorn because they will shoot her

good luck :)

Has anyone been able to solo champions at 40ish? if so, how are you doing it?

I tried to solo a 39 champ with my 41 Commando, and I didnt even get him to half health, so I figured it just wasn't in the cards until a level 39 Jedi Shadow rolled up while I was laying dead, and solo'd it with no problem.

It certainly gets more diffiicult, especially if Dorne is your primary companion. Sometimes she can't keep up with the amount of damage you'll soak up.

I found I had few skills I was overlooking, and you need to use the right timing on them for success.

1. Cryo Grenade. Wait for the Champion to start one of their big channel attacks and freeze them. A well placed crygo grenade is the different between me ending a fight with 25% health remaining, instead of dying.

2. Your damage mitigation shield. It costs no energy, and has a 2min cool down. Use it when you know you can't interrupt something.

3. Stockstrike and your AoE Knock Back. These two are situational, but can be used to halt a channeling. They'll just start them up again, but they may give you that extra few seconds your companion needs to heal you. (Note: this can come back to burn you if the champion is a melee warrior with a leap attack. You knock them back, they leap and do more damage to you.)

Make sure you have turned on Dorne's new abilities since levelling up by expanding her action bar.

Grav Round x3. Full auto whenever you can. Demo round when your grav round stacks are up and high impact bolt when charges are up. Liberal hammer shots in between to keep ammo over 50%

This is of course assuming a gunnery build!

I also find I needed to kite some of the melee gold bosses. Run in circles firing instant casts and use cryo every now and ahgain to get a full auto or grav round in. When running in circles Dorne should be able to keep up with the damage if you use shield and adrenalin rush etc

I am a Healer with cyberTech and M1-4X. I solo champions at my level and one level above. 4X does the tanking and I do the healing. I throw Plasma grenades and Full auto when 4X is doing good.

I even go out of my way to seek champions to kill.

Champions below L40 shouldn't be much trouble. Interrupt their highest damage ability with Cryo Grenade and slowly tank them down, stopping to heal yourself any time Elara isn't getting the job done.

Around Voss is when Champions became too much to solo. The large monster-looking Champions scattered across Voss were far too difficult for me, and they were too fast to be kited.