Since the Mods wont help.

Markareg

Hey guys,

much like alot of AMD users out there, SWTOR is running like **** for me.

today i decided to upgrade to a ci5 2500 and asus z68, 1600ddr3 8gig, ati hd 6870, and a 7200 WD HD. after 8 hours of rebuilding, reformatting, downloading, etc. 8 HOURS. i finally got sw to boot. saw the opening cinematic than crashed. then, i crashed again, and again. now the icon says win 32 app is not valid. then i uninstalled, 2 hours later, same problem, now it just crashes at log in. im sure if i keep at it, windows will disable it. (win764bithome)

TLDR; i went from ****** swtor to NO swtor during a significant upgrade. please help. i have a dxdiag if anyone can diagnose, god knows the GMs dont know what they're doing.

Please Help:mad:

I have basically the exact same setup. I am using the CCC 11.11 driver pack and am running over 100 fps. The only diffrence in our setups is I am only running 4 gig of Ram as I now have 3 bad ram slots on this board.

This might not be of much help but I was experiencing similar problems with a new rig.

If you installed Windows SP1, it may apparently cause a number of issues, especially if you are using an overlay program like EVGA.

The fix is surprisingly simple, update you motherboard/chipset drivers and/or try disabling the overlay program and reinstall your graphics drivers after that.

If it does not help, you'll have at least tried.