50 Marauder PvP Movie. MARAUDERS ARE THE BEST :D

Klindalol

Obviously one of these people that thinks the more he whinges, the more chance his toon will get a buff. Heaven forbid there could be someone out there that can show that the class can be viable - and is more than likely, better than you.

I'm sorry that you like this trash of a class, but I've already made many posts that told the flaws. Here I will give you a little list of how bad mara is.

1) A jugg can pull out better numbers in rage. So ya..

2) You have to over gear yourself just to be able to do dailies that other classes can do easily.

3) In medium armor vs Light armor there is a 2 percent increase defense going from light to medium.

4) Force choke sometimes does not even work right. They would just stand there still shooting you and only get lifted up at the very end.

5) Skill delay thanks to parry and deflect (Thanks to another post pointing this out)

6) Damage output is only slightly ahead of the other classes while we have no CC at all. This was balance when healers comp had a built in cc. Now it's not.

I mean I could go on, I'm sure some of you will have a little counter to it. I will be amused to see it.

This video is bad...

Edited by Teladis

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Problem with everyone saying marauder is bad is that they don't listen when people show them/tell them proof they aren't.

I'm in my 40's, run solo, and consistently get scores like 11-0, 36-4, 32-5, 24-3. Those are just the scores I remember from running yesterday. Usually with half or more of my kills as KB's, highest damage, and high objective points as well, and highest healing for everyone not specc'd as a healer. Yes that includes more healing than PT's/Ops/Sorcs specced DPS who heal themselves. And we have no castable heals. Usually I do at least 25k healing in a match using 0 consumables. It's not that rare for me to go unbeatable. I have never been lower than top 3 overall in damage, and usually top on my team or 2nd. Only teammate I remember beating me from last night was a DPS specc'd sorcerer.

The OP Runs rage and does great. I run Annihilation and I do great, I use to run carnage and you die more but almost always take someone out with you as well, however I agree carnage is somewhat weak and could use a slight buff.

Overall the class is OK. Once the bugs with skill activation lag and channeled abilities are worked out we will be fine.

Best tip I can give: Stop tunnel visioning, just attack who is close to you, if they get away, oh well, you made them run and got them off your point/ball carrier/door (depending on WZ), and did your job.

Not to mention any spec marauder makes excellent ball carriers in huttball, with charge, predation, and undying rage. So do that too. Charge is one of the best ball carrier moves, as is undying rage. Running the ball across the line with 1% health left and them not able to kill you is a great feeling.

Problem with everyone saying marauder is bad is that they don't listen when people show them/tell them proof they aren't.

I'm in my 40's, run solo, and consistently get scores like 11-0, 36-4, 32-5, 24-3. Those are just the scores I remember from running yesterday. Usually with half or more of my kills as KB's, highest damage, and high objective points as well, and highest healing for everyone not specc'd as a healer. Yes that includes more healing than PT's/Ops/Sorcs specced DPS who heal themselves. And we have no castable heals. Usually I do at least 25k healing in a match using 0 consumables. It's not that rare for me to go unbeatable. I have never been lower than top 3 overall in damage, and usually top on my team or 2nd. Only teammate I remember beating me from last night was a DPS specc'd sorcerer.

The OP Runs rage and does great. I run Annihilation and I do great, I use to run carnage and you die more but almost always take someone out with you as well, however I agree carnage is somewhat weak and could use a slight buff.

Overall the class is OK. Once the bugs with skill activation lag and channeled abilities are worked out we will be fine.

Best tip I can give: Stop tunnel visioning, just attack who is close to you, if they get away, oh well, you made them run and got them off your point/ball carrier/door (depending on WZ), and did your job.

Not to mention any spec marauder makes excellent ball carriers in huttball, with charge, predation, and undying rage. So do that too. Charge is one of the best ball carrier moves, as is undying rage. Running the ball across the line with 1% health left and them not able to kill you is a great feeling.

Because noone has shown proof. It's just morons showing pvp damage done. Or saying l2p we have defense cds.

If i'm over gear for things and still have a hard time doing my dailies compare to other classes something is wrong with the class. Noone on this forum is not better than I am and even they are that very little amount should not make or break a class. It's a MMO it's not heavy skill base.

The only reason im hateing is because a jugg can do it too, meaning there is something wrong with this class.

Can a jug put out 200k-300k damage in a non-voidstar WZ AND do 25-35k SELF healing without consumables at the same time. Annihilation can.

Sure a Jugg probably is better with rage, but can they do high crits vs heavy armor targets? Carnage can.

Can a Jugg kill someone from 100% to 0% without stuns, when they are less than 10% health? 5%? Marauder can.

I beat lvl 50 defensive and offensive specc'd juggs all the time as a lvl 42 1v1, and 2v1. They are still good though because they have their specialties as well.

Because noone has shown proof. It's just morons showing pvp damage done. Or saying l2p we have defense cds.

If i'm over gear for things and still have a hard time doing my dailies compare to other classes something is wrong with the class. Noone on this forum is not better than I am and even they are that very little amount should not make or break a class. It's a MMO it's not heavy skill base.

Considered not playing Marauder if you hate is so badly?

This is where you are wrong. Marauder is a highly skill based class.

Ask any Battlemaster Marauder how much skill it takes compared to other classes.

Also, if you are having trouble doing quests, then I am afraid that is your fault, not the classes, I haven't had any trouble doing them, and neither has any marauder I talked to.

Considered not playing Marauder if you hate is so badly?

Would I be on the forums ************ about it if I hated the class? I hate bioware treatment of the class, and slapping a fury system on the core problem and calling it a day.

Would I be on the forums ************ about it if I hated the class? I hate bioware treatment of the class, and slapping a fury system on the core problem and calling it a day.

What you post is pretty much trolling.

The class needs tweaks but its not broken as you'd like people to believe.

This is where you are wrong. Marauder is a highly skill based class.

Ask any Battlemaster Marauder how much skill it takes compared to other classes.

Also, if you are having trouble doing quests, then I am afraid that is your fault, not the classes, I haven't had any trouble doing them, and neither has any marauder I talked to.

It's not hard hitting the right key when it's needed. I have a razar naga so I don't have trouble with key bindings.

Oh some of the best mara who post videos in pvp say that they really can't do much without a healer spamming purge and heals on them. To much CC.

I don't find any class in mmos that hard to play. It's either a rotation or hit a button at the right time. MMO's are not the hardest game in the world, I mean yes, mara has more skills needed to be used over other classes but I don't find it tougher, I just find it needing more effort to be on par with other classes. That alone is a fault of the class.

Yet, all the bugs and issues with this class, and power compare to other classes is not broken?

Hmmm I think you are trolling me if you are that blind. Good day sir!

He speaks the truth.

Tweaks I would like to see:

Give either smash or force scream a knockback effect.

Let us use either pommel strike or savage kick in PvP (even if the damage is slightly lowered would still be fine).

Make both CD abilities instead of weird activations.

SLIGHTLY up the damage of the carnage tree.

That's really about it.

It's not hard hitting the right key when it's needed. I have a razar naga so I don't have trouble with key bindings.

Oh some of the best mara who post videos in pvp say that they really can't do much without a healer spamming purge and heals on them. To much CC.

I don't find any class in mmos that hard to play. It's either a rotation or hit a button at the right time. MMO's are not the hardest game in the world, I mean yes, mara has more skills needed to be used over other classes but I don't find it tougher, I just find it needing more effort to be on par with other classes. That alone is a fault of the class.

Just because a class needs more effort to be good, doesn't mean it should inherently be better than other classes. It's just a different type of play style.

All it means is when a marauder does good you know they are a good player, whereas when an operative/sniper/merc/pt/sorcerer does well you have no idea whether it's a bad playing a faceroll class, or whether they are actually good.

He speaks the truth.

Let us use either pommel strike or savage kick in PvP (even if the damage is slightly lowered would still be fine).

That's really about it.

Knockback are bad. We need to stay on them and helping people kite us would not help.

Things that need to be done.

Get rid of savage kick and Pummel strike. I mean while it does help some I find the extra key binds could go to something better. Like this.

Give us a healing strike after we kill something that gives us xp we can heal up some from it. That way when we kill adds with strong mobs we can heal some of the damage taken. That would be alot better tham pummel strike and savage kick. Yes replace pve skills with more pve skills.

Let Force scream work on strong mobs.

Damage we are fine on. With our lack of CC we need gimmicks to help us be on par with everyone else. When Comps had CC this was not a big of a issue, now that they don't we need a skill that can help keep us up.

other mmo's have this problem too, big deal, dont play the class if its too much for you. Some people enjoy playing slightly tougher (more effort) to master classes. Not every class is going to be equal interms of effort, even complaining about this issues makes me believe your bad at this game and lazy. So please, stop spamming this guys post and go make another qq post so we can all laugh at how much you suck...

Edited by nuwn

Just because a class needs more effort to be good, doesn't mean it should inherently be better than other classes. It's just a different type of play style.

All it means is when a marauder does good you know they are a good player, whereas when an operative/sniper/merc/pt/sorcerer does well you have no idea whether it's a bad playing a faceroll class, or whether they are actually good.

That in itself is a flaw in my eyes. I'm not the type of guy who thinks more effort=more fun. Or that when I do well I pat myself on the back because I play the harder class. I love the play style of the class, but I want to be able to do the things I enjoy with the class without the issues I see with it now.

other mmo's have this problem too, big deal, dont play the class if its too much for you. Some people enjoy playing slightly tougher (more effort) to master classes. Not every class is going to be equal interms of effort, even complaining about this issues makes me believe your bad at this game and lazy. So please, stop spamming this guys post and go make another qq post so we can all laugh at how much you suck...

While your point does speak truth, I will like to remind you that, alot of the things mara has could easily be fine tuned and fixed that it would not be as much hassle. We got skills that we really don't need or skills that could be tweaked to work better for us.

He speaks the truth.

That's really about it.

Pretty much identical to my "wants" for the class (fixes to Ravage/Choke channeling will happen regardless)

I'd prefer us to get a root rather than a knockback, removing the weak/normal criteria for the stun on Scream would be a start and a very easy change.

For a knockback I think something like an aoe frontal cone so it requires skill to knock people back - a 360 is just easymode button spam.

I'd like them to merge Pommel Strike and Savage Kick into a single ability useable in PVP

That in itself is a flaw in my eyes. I'm not the type of guy who thinks more effort=more fun. Or that when I do well I pat myself on the back because I play the harder class. I love the play style of the class, but I want to be able to do the things I enjoy with the class without the issues I see with it now.

If you don't think more effort = more fun then you probably shouldn't be playing marauder as that is part of what the play style of the class is built around.

It also means that most of your complaints are you, not the class.

Pretty much identical to my "wants" for the class (fixes to Ravage/Choke channeling will happen regardless)

I'd prefer us to get a root rather than a knockback, removing the weak/normal criteria for the stun on Scream would be a start and a very easy change.

For a knockback I think something like an aoe frontal cone so it requires skill to knock people back - a 360 is just easymode button spam.

I'd like them to merge Pommel Strike and Savage Kick into a single ability useable in PVP

Actually thinking about it I would just rather scream stun and us get a force push esque ability like juggs have.

Merging pommel and savage would be fine, but having both pve only and barely usable is bad.

We really don't need Savage kick or Pommel Strike. A strike that will help us in a defense type way. (like I said healing after we kill a mob) Would be better. We don't need extra damage for pvp. When it comes to damage we are fine.

If you don't think more effort = more fun then you probably shouldn't be playing marauder as that is part of what the play style of the class is built around.

It also means that most of your complaints are you, not the class.

More effort just to be on par with everyone is just dumb, The class play style is fun, but my self esteem is not so low as to need to pat my back because I play a class that requires a lot more effort over others.

I want the class to be more efficient compare to the other classes, If that means that the class becomes "Easier" I'm willing for it to happen. This whole, I play a tougher class because I'm a better player non sense is not even cute.

Nice vid valor rank 60 and u get lucky with BM bags even better..

The only thing i dont like its the random drops from bags rl i am rank 55 near 56 and bags just dont like me .. I see ppl with rank 20 having almost full champ gear

First of nice vid Kinda was fun to watch.

Anyways I haven't reached lv 50 yet and I have been wonderign where you get those "bags" from? You say drop but does that mean you can get them as drops in pvp or where? :o

Edited by Xzenthal

Actually thinking about it I would just rather scream stun and us get a force push esque ability like juggs have.

Merging pommel and savage would be fine, but having both pve only and barely usable is bad.

Force push as a Warrior specific ability would be inkeeping with the game - I've used it countless times in cut-scenes.

sith warriors are the only ones who are able to acquire pvp gear, all other classes that are allegedly better simply run around in greens when showcasing their massive skillset...

you clowns will whine about anything... WHAT THIS VIDEO SHOWS IS THAT MARAUDERS HAVE THREE VIABLE PVP SPECS

all these claims of other classes able to dish it more efficiently, POST YOUR PROOF...

from personal experience, we are the most dominant class in warzones atm. no whiner will sway me from that...

also, for those saying a RAGE jugg would have more survivability than a rage marauder, WOW, you clowns are utterly clueless.

the only jugg spec that *may have more survivability is Immortal spec. Rage/Veng would need to use a shield gen and swap to soresu in order to even come close to a marauders survivability.

talking out your asssss, next on oprah

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.