Anni or Carnage

peojo

Hey everyone. I'm currently playing Anni but I'm having second thoughts about the whole six second bleed application system. I was wondering if LEVEL 50 marauders can give me their input on what spec tends to be stronger in PvP. If you can also mention PvE that would be great.

What spec should I go if I am to play Carnage for both PvP and PvE. Obviously this is based on preference but has anyone played around with the specs and seen an advantage leaning towards one of the two? Thanks in advance.

Solo PvE/Questing? Go Rage.

Hardmode flashpoints and Operations? Go Annihilation

PvP? Go Carnage or Annihilation. Rage did me some good in PvP with the high crits from smash, but I'm doing a lot better with Annihilation in terms of DPS.

Edited by BarcodeX

Having toyed around with all 3 specs, at the end of the day it really depends on your playstyle. Spent the most time with Anni and Carnage so here goes,

PVE

The easiest i found for pve was Anni. Your survivability goes up tons with Quinn and damage output over time is very steady. For me it wasn't as hectic as carnage to micro.

Carnage is not as bad as everyone says it is. With a dps companion it downs mobs fastest of all trees but you have to spend more effort watching and coordinating cooldowns. Also be prepared to heal after every fight. (2-5 secs)

Best in groups was Anni because we can't tank so you don't want to pull aggro. If you do a Carnage dps rotation on a mob (and you're lucky with your procs), be prepared to use force camo because its going to aggro you for sure.

PVP

Given that 'pvp' for most is Warzones, I prefer Carnage for sure. Dots for pvp is meh. No one is going to stand toe to toe with you so that you can pull out your highest dps rotation. Expect 3v1s, 2v1s, CCs, stuns, throwbacks.

You really need that burst in order to kill. The animations for vicious slash and rupture aren't fast enough (Gore's animation is a bit slow too). Force scream, massacre, helps alot. Not to mention getting root with ravage helps, stun with deadly saber makes it viable to keep someone there just nice enough to let a rip a quick dps rotation.

But i had the hardest time using the Carnage tree in pvp... The utility is there, but really hard to micro. I can understand why not many people like this spec.

Tbh, go roll a range class. So much more relaxing to play.

I really dot do PvP at all except for the ultra rare occasion of once a year (if that even). So for PvE I really have been enjoying th Carnage spec. Using it along with Vette you do a heavy amount of up front damage to mow most things over and keep going. I really don't get the bad rap Carnage seems to have.