Skyrim Graphics VS SW:ToR Graphics.

RecondoJoe

Which are better? I would tell you myself, but my computer only runs Skyrim on Ultra settings, it can't run SW:ToR on Low Settings. So I'm guessing that SW:ToR must have some insane graphics that absolutely blow Skyrim out of the water if this is the case.

Let me know. I'm dying with anticipation.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can't compare single player game performance with MMO performance. If you don't know why I suggest you google some stuff and educate yourself about modern times.

Maybe you should list your specs so we can identify the weak point on your computer.

Edited by lollie

You can't compare single player game performance with MMO performance. If you don't know why I suggest you google some stuff and educate yourself about modern times.

I wonder why Battlefield 3 runs smoothly when I play online. I wonder why games like Aion, and Rift run smoothly online while having what many consider to be superior graphics. The mysteries of the "modern times." I don't think google will learn me that, surely you can sure your advanced knowledge of these "modern times," good sir.

Which are better? I would tell you myself, but my computer only runs Skyrim on Ultra settings, it can't run SW:ToR on Low Settings. So I'm guessing that SW:ToR must have some insane graphics that absolutely blow Skyrim out of the water if this is the case.

SW:TOR is just optimized EXTREMELY POORLY. I blow Skyrim, BF3, WoW, and Rift out of the water with my rig. Can't say the same for SW:TOR.

if you're having fps issues, try actually looking around in the customer support forums rather then posting up non productive posts here.

there is alot of good suggesitons for fixes in those forums.

Happy hunting

I wonder why Battlefield 3 runs smoothly when I play online. I wonder why games like Aion, and Rift run smoothly online while having what many consider to be superior graphics. The mysteries of the "modern times." I don't think google will learn me that, surely you can sure your advanced knowledge of these "modern times," good sir.

He wasn't talking about games like Aion and Rift, he was talking about Skyrim and how you can't compare that kind of single player RPG to an MMO. Yes, MMOs like Aion and Rift have better graphics, but they have plenty of things that SWTOR doesn't. I got to about level 5 in Aion and felt like I was leveling an alt in WoW and got bored. SWTOR was different, and the story brought me in. It's story did more for me than the fancy graphics of Aion or Rift.

He wasn't talking about games like Aion and Rift, he was talking about Skyrim and how you can't compare that kind of single player RPG to an MMO. Yes, MMOs like Aion and Rift have better graphics, but they have plenty of things that SWTOR doesn't. I got to about level 5 in Aion and felt like I was leveling an alt in WoW and got bored. SWTOR was different, and the story brought me in. It's story did more for me than the fancy graphics of Aion or Rift.

*she :p

It's funny, I have a really girly name, maybe people look at my avatar :o

Edited by lollie

This isn't about how good the graphics are, but rather the fact that inferior graphics run incredibly choppy compared to games that blow them out of the water. Something is very wrong here. The graphics in SW:ToR are so bad they should run smoothly on the laptop I bought 8 years ago. No joke.

Edited by RecondoJoe

This isn't about how good the graphics are, but rather the fact that inferior graphics run incredibly choppy compared to games that blow them out of the water. Something is very wrong here. The graphics in SW:ToR are so bad they should run smoothly on the laptop I bought 8 years ago. No joke.

The game runs smooth as butter on my computer, and I'm not even running the best gfx card...I think my fast processor, mobo, good RAM etc make up for it.

Like I said, if OP and others have a problem running game, they need to run on over to customer support forum, list their specs, and see what they can do to fix their computers up to make the game run better.

Also game is only just out over a week, let them optimise it a bit - these things take time.

Edited by lollie

SW:TOR is just optimized EXTREMELY POORLY. I blow Skyrim, BF3, WoW, and Rift out of the water with my rig. Can't say the same for SW:TOR.

Skyrim is a console game, so is BF3 - to actually compare those to an PC only game is .... well not really clever.

OFC Skyrim does run on your rig better, it has to run on old console´s of 2005-2006 so the whole client is build totally different and does demand a lot less.

The engine of wow is 8 years old, ofc it does run a lot better too.

lol.

Let's use WoW's "2004" argument.

WoW in 2004 ran smoothly. SWTOR does not.

Back in 2004 people didn't have all the expectations of excellent graphics, and what's more computers were simpler then.

Now we bump our computers up with all sorts of upgrades and expect graphics to be like real life :cool:

Edited by lollie

Back in 2004 people didn't have all the expectations of excellent graphics and computers were simpler then.

Now we bump our computers up with all sorts of upgrades and expect graphics to be real life :cool:

WoW has better graphics currently that SWTOR. Check my thread for clarification: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=118406 also, WoW's graphics are far more smooth.

The game runs smooth as butter on my computer, and I'm not even running the best gfx card...I think my fast processor, mobo, good RAM etc make up for it.

Like I said, if OP and others have a problem running game, they need to run on over to customer support forum, list their specs, and see what they can do to fix their computers up to make the game run better.

Also game is only just out over a week, let them optimise it a bit - these things take time.

Yeah, I can link you to where I did that alongside several hundred thousand other posters 10+ days ago. Guess how many customer service responses / fixes there have been since then? Zilch.

Edited by RecondoJoe

WoW has better graphics currently that SWTOR. Check my thread for clarification: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=118406 also, WoW's graphics are far more smooth.

WoW does not have better graphics - it looks like a horribly coloured cartoon - whereas SWTOR looks great, on my computer anyway. Maybe it's your computer.

Just need them to give us the high res graphics patch and we'll be winning.

Edited by lollie

Don't argue with the Star Wars fans please. You couldn't convince them that the color red is actually red if it meant it being in any way negative towards SWToR.

Wow does indeed have better graphics, real time reflections, night/day cycles, living breathing world, proper shadows, dynamic weather etc.

SWToR graphics are a joke.

@ Lollie yes because that's the art direction of the game not because of the engine. They want to make it look like a painting because it's a fantasy world and it fits perfectly.

This on the other hand has an identity crysis, tries to be cartoonish in some places while realistic in others creating a mess.

Edited by Skeelol