Carving a Path, where is it?

Caillron

Since there seems to be no search option for the forums and either no one on my server knows or cares to answer the question. Where is the transportation device for the quest Carving a Path on the planet Belsavis? I'm at the area that is pictured in the quest description but I don't see anything around and it doesn't appear to be a dropped item either. There is no mark on my map or minimap to give any indication of it's whereabouts.

Since there seems to be no search option for the forums and either no one on my server knows or cares to answer the question. Where is the transportation device for the quest Carving a Path on the planet Belsavis? I'm at the area that is pictured in the quest description but I don't see anything around and it doesn't appear to be a dropped item either. There is no mark on my map or minimap to give any indication of it's whereabouts.

It shows on your map as an undiscovered transport device (Taxi). It's in a cave, there's an opening to the cave somewhere nearby.

http://db.darthhater.com/quest.aspx?id=1524

From the Imperial camp in the Maximum Security sector (where you pick up the Carving a Path quest), head directly south to a cave on the cliff wall. Go in there and activate the taxi point (intractable object on the pillar). This is only to make it faster to get back.

Next follow the main road in that sector all the way to the north. You will find a cave complex. Enter and proceed through that by taking the passage to the west.

Once out of that, you will be in a large area. Another taxi terminal cave (and the quest objective) is located on the Northeastern wall. You can use the taxi to teleport back to the Imperial camp.

Edited by Godbane

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I commend Godbane's directions above because they are correct and at least gave me a rough idea where to start but I took his "all the way north" and then west too literally and misinterpreted "cave complex". I went ALL the way North. As in as far north as you can go on the planet....which is way off track.

So additional directions for literal thinkers:

Do everything Godbane says to do in his first paragraph. Leave Front line outpost, cross the road (south) and enter the doorway in the cliffs. Click on the clicky.

Get back on the Road heading west and open your map. You are heading to the point the road leaves the North most border of the map. This is the Maximum Security Thoroughfare mentioned in the mission description.

Enter the Thoroughfare and when you drop down to the lower level go west to the left hand exit. If you see an Imperial medical droid near the exit you are correct. A republic droid is incorrect.

Once you exit you are in the Outer Wastes. The cave you want is a small doorway in the North EAST cliff. There are two clickys inside and another medical droid. Scan one and click the other to travel back to the Outpost.

GL

Edited by Reil

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 years later...