Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Bioware, You Want to Resuscitate This Game? Then Implement The Following.

Xugos

Because they arent necessary............................................

Guilds are already raiding heroic modes, no threat meters, no damage meters, no macros, & no mods. So the questions needs to be asked why do you need them?

The impression I get is because other games have them, not because Swtor needs them

Do you understand? Dont import unecessary features just because they existed in other games. If we do then in 6 moths time there will be an outcry for increased difficulty (not that i havent already read a few posts asking exactly for that without using easymode thrid party programs) simply because players are using third party programs to make their game play easy mode.

You've already been told, over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

They aren't unnecessary, in fact, this entire thread is about how they are CRUCIAL.

What we are stating is without these much needed changes, the game will fail. As it is, I have never seen such an uncustomary UI. It's so stiff that it gets in your way more than it helps.

Threat meters allow you to effectively gauge threat instead of going "oops, guess I did too much damage, didn't know he was so angry at me."

Third party programs don't make anything easy mode as they don't allow you to cheat. They just make things more efficient.

I agree what you're scared of - deadly boss mods and gear score, but like I said - SWTOR needs to evolve on these. At any point in time Blizzard can ban the use of DBM.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

As a guild master, I would also like to be able to invite people to groups, whisper, be able to change the Guildmaster rank to something else and the like through the guild window. So, If i may suggest it, improved guild interface functionality.

I would also like to have a better /who functionality.

Otherwise, I agree with most everything else on this list.

We don't want WoW, we want SWTOR. Why can't you figure this out?

We want the successful core functional features that WoW among other MMOs offered in SWTOR.

It has nothing to do with gear. Nothing. It has nothing to do with instances, story, lore, ANYTHING. Just the functionality around that.

I love the codex system. It is awesome. WoW sees that it is awesome. WoW will mimick the codex. WoW has now become SWTOR in medieval fantasy times, by your standards.

All I want are successful features such as macros, LFG system, good AH system.

I don't see why you can't see it. I give up trying to convince you.

A same server LFG system I have no problem with.

I have no problem with the AH and have had no problem using it but if people want it improved again I have no problem with it.

Macro's & Mods I have a big problem with, purely and simply because they arent necessary in my opinion and i'm tired of people claiming they are and that the game will die without them. melodramatic QQ

Edited by NoxiousAlby

You've already been told, over, and over, and over, and over, and over again.

They aren't unnecessary, in fact, this entire thread is about how they are CRUCIAL.

What we are stating is without these much needed changes, the game will fail. As it is, I have never seen such an uncustomary UI. It's so stiff that it gets in your way more than it helps.

Threat meters allow you to effectively gauge threat instead of going "oops, guess I did too much damage, didn't know he was so angry at me."

Third party programs don't make anything easy mode as they don't allow you to cheat. They just make things more efficient.

I agree what you're scared of - deadly boss mods and gear score, but like I said - SWTOR needs to evolve on these. At any point in time Blizzard can ban the use of DBM.

You know EvE only has one of those things right?

Aion only has two.

Both games are running fine.

Communication on the forums with the community is all this game needs to improve.

Example: Bioware should have been up front with us that not only will there be no AA at launch but also only medium graphics settings.

That would have eliminated tons of threads in its self.

But I am not surprised by the lack of communication. Most MMOs are treated like some secret government experiment with aliens and if we all find out the truth the world would fall into chaos.

Apparently he thinks that only WoW can have good design.

Seriously Xugos go back to haunting the wow forums and picking on all the little kids there. Your the one claiming this game will die if it doesnt copy wow's features, should have quit in beta like you said you would.

Dont you mean easier, aw shucks I need to click a key every 20 secs but if i macro I only need to click it once...................easymode for bad players

..... obviously you do not understand how macros work.

you still need to hit a key every 20 seconds, except instead of having to click the portrait then hit the shield, you just hit the shield and it applies it to the focus target in your macro. it simply saves an extra half a second, and if you are attacking someone at the moment, you can STILL have them selected. and if that target of yours is of the sort that likes to cast heals every 20 seconds on themselves... those seconds where you had to switch targets can mean missed interrupt and longer fight. not harder. just longer.

i don't think OP is asking for Rift style macros. just something to save a bit of UI space and maybe occasional extra click

You know EvE only has one of those things right?

Aion only has two.

Both games are running fine.

Aion was considered a flop and EvE is considered decent.

They are still alive but are they flourishing?

I recently saved a kitty who's ribs were showing. He was survivng, but was it a good way too?

I want SWTOR to be a fat kitty.

Let me rephrase that - WoW is a fat kitty.

I want SWTOR to be a beefed kitty with a six pack.

Edited by Treyzorz

As a guild master, I would also like to be able to invite people to groups, whisper, be able to change the Guildmaster rank to something else and the like through the guild window. So, If i may suggest it, improved guild interface functionality.

I would also like to have a better /who functionality.

Otherwise, I agree with most everything else on this list.

Excuse me sir, I'm going to have to ask you to return to WoW. You seem to want a functional and accessible social system. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE AS IT WOULD MEAN WOW IN SPACE.

- Work towards providing the PvP community with something with more longevity and something that fosters community. That something is an arena system with arena maps. This would go a LONG way for the PvP community.

I love PvP but arena wont add anything for me. Not saying it shouldnt be added cause gladiator arenas would fit well in the universe but if arena is the only thing that i will see in SWTOR it will not be worth playing PvP like its not worth atm.

On the other hand i dont expect SWTOR to ever get decent pvp anyway.

you know, someone has GOT to stop going on attack the moment anyone says anything negative. all of you "you are just a bioware fanboy, blablabla" people are no better then anyone who reflectively types "go back to WoW" without even reading the post.

stop. just stop. this mutual trolling will not solve anything it will not make the game better, it will only tell developers to ignore anything you might say.

ADD TARGET OF TARGET into the game.

It's Alt + T by default, and you can change the key binding if you'd like to.

Hope that helps someone, or explains some things. It has made my dpsing and tanking much easier. :jawa_biggrin:

Thanks for a fun game Bioware.

you know, someone has GOT to stop going on attack the moment anyone says anything negative. all of you "you are just a bioware fanboy, blablabla" people are no better then anyone who reflectively types "go back to WoW" without even reading the post.

stop. just stop. this mutual trolling will not solve anything it will not make the game better, it will only tell developers to ignore anything you might say.

I don't believe I've called people BioWare fanboys in response, but if I have, my bad.

I did not mean it in that way. But I will not stand to say that I am trolling. Everything I've said is with legitimate concern for the game.

It's Alt + T by default, and you can change the key binding if you'd like to.

Hope that helps someone, or explains some things. It has made my dpsing and tanking much easier. :jawa_biggrin:

Thanks for a fun game Bioware.

We're talking about a window that will simultaneously display your target's target without having to switch around. for tanks, it helps ensure you have aggro to an extent.

Aion was considered a flop and EvE is considered decent.

They are still alive but are they flourishing?

I recently saved a kitty who's ribs were showing. He was survivng, but was it a good way too?

I want SWTOR to be a fat kitty.

Let me rephrase that - WoW is a fat kitty.

I want SWTOR to be a beefed kitty with a six pack.

EvE is flourishing, it just only appeals to a select few. it does everything its supposed to.

EvE is flourishing, it just only appeals to a select few. it does everything its supposed to.

Flourishing - To develop rapidly and successfully.

-EvE is flourishing

-appeals to a select few

......my brain.

Edited by Bawll

Well then I stand corrected and that's good for EvE. However, that game is FAR off from any standard MMO. If it has any successful social functions etc., what is the hurt to look into implementing them?

Oh wait, I remember. We can't be EvE: The Old Republic.

Edited by Treyzorz

EvE has a niche playerbase, and it will never die because of that.

What and a heavy story, cover shooter, unique crafting, Next gen Starwars MMO isn't?

And that's to name a few things.

Edited by Avrose