The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Please support other OS

HisShadowX

Hi guys

As some of you might have seen or heard Windows 8 is pretty much going to be a horrible mistake. It's killing the Start Menu and its using the horrible Games for Windows Live design set that took over Windows Live for Messanger which it looks like your running a program in Safe Mode and everything in Windows 8 will have big Icons and squares like the 360.

Also Microsoft is becoming like Apple and will be restrictive with this OS though Microsoft is not a company known for releasing good software first but rather releasing a broken OS with flaws and fixing them later.

By the time MS realizes they have made a mistake worse then Vista, Google will hopefully have caught up and making there own systems. Please support the Mac and other systems that will be coming out.

MS right now is broke look at it's stock

MS: http://www.google.com/finance?client=ob&q=NASDAQ:MSFT

-0.06 (-0.23%)

Look at Apple's stock

Apple http://www.google.com/finance?q=Apple

-0.12 (-0.03%)

Even Google

Google http://www.google.com/finance?q=Google

+3.50 (0.54%)

Seriously as a company when they try to come out and push this OS in which it's various features have been a turn off on the PC people are going to flock somewhere else and people will be willing to venture out.

IT departments love MS only because MS works out and makes the OS less restrictive to work with unlike Apple where they release a product and tell you to like it the way it is.

With Windows 8 its going to be Vista all over again people will refuse to buy.

Well, beyond your obvious ignorance of just what they are doing with Windows 8 (ability to run a full-featured OS on an ARM chip anyone?) I would like to address your painful ignorance of how the stock market works.

Yes, the individual share price of Windows is a fraction of Google and Apple. However, did you take the time to look at the difference in number of stocks for each company? No, you didn't. If you had you would have found that Google and Apple have not split their shares into as many as Microsoft has, thus artificially inflating their stock price.

So your argument is void.

Edited by csdixon

Now look at how many shares each company has released?

What's that? You don't know how share prices work? Gosh.

Valid point. However as a company MS is going to get ready to make a huge error in Judgement a Vista repeat but worse.

Honestly I haven't owned a Mac since 1991. However with everyone having a good time hell and getting my IPhone and feeling how amazing it is I am thinking of switching myself.

PC Gaming is dying due to how restrictive DRM is and the games that do go on both systems seem to be popular ones so I am all set there.

Why would they support Apple?

There big sellers now days are the Ipad and Iphone not there computers. I know people that never buy there computers and when they need to use OS10 they make hackintosh. spend far less and get a better computer out of it.

Valid point. However as a company MS is going to get ready to make a huge error in Judgement a Vista repeat but worse.

Honestly I haven't owned a Mac since 1991. However with everyone having a good time hell and getting my IPhone and feeling how amazing it is I am thinking of switching myself.

PC Gaming is dying due to how restrictive DRM is and the games that do go on both systems seem to be popular ones so I am all set there.

DRM's are going to be in place on Console games soon. Some all ready have them for online play where if you get it pre-owned you have to pay $5 USD to get a new key so you can play online. I have copy's of all my PS3 and Xbox 360 game's.(I do own the games I copy)

PC gaming has been "dying" for decades, now. Yet, here we are posting on the forum for a PC-exclusive title with more than a million sales in the first week. Hooray!

Anyway, the DRM on consoles is at least as restrictive as the DRM on the PC, even if it isn't as visible to the players. Windows 8 does look terrible for desktop PC users, but you'll be fine sticking with Windows 7 and waiting for Windows 9, just like many of us used Windows XP until 7 was available.