A little help on the Defector mission

Chinooks

Level 25, got him to 3%. :mad: Just good old drugs(stims+buffs), and smart use of interrupts. Going to Republic Fleet to find someone to help. Probably going to go as well as the first time I asked for help(my request was only met with one guy saying @_@). But I have spent a long time trying to level, and have only gained 2 levels.

Beat him as a level 23 Jedi Sentinel. Popped a Fortitude stim. Had Kira attack him and I popped the Call of the Force ability. I basically just pounded on him and interrupted his stuff as much as possible. Kira died and I was down to about 10% health before I took him down.

• 3 weeks later...

I just thought I'd post my little additional advice: Upgrade everything you can afford to upgrade. (I'm level 27, btw.)

I prefer to use my T7 for missions, at least so far, so I had neglected Kira's gear horribly. So, after trying everything in this thread and getting very close to beating him, I went back to the Fleet to see what I could find.

After upgrading most of Kira's gear through the Galactic market and some unused commendations, and somewhat upgrading my own as well, I went back and beat him easily -- still using the strats listed in this thread though.

By comparison, before doing this, Kira died within a very few seconds. When I beat him, though, she almost survived the fight. Huge difference.

Good luck!

• 2 months later...
Ok, this is how you beat Vail, and I saw this on other forum and it work for me. It is pretty simple. The only thing that Vail has the advantage is the knockback, so before you attack him go behind his back. And with your back against the wall so whenever the knockback happen, you can recover very quickly. It will be close (for lvl 26).