Why in the world would you ever buy this game....

Meatballx

Basically, it's standard EU drivel.

I think some of the EU novelists and comic-book people do better work than Lucas himself. Alan Dean Foster pretty much created SW, even though Lucas gets credit. Foster even wrote the novel for Lucas. Lucas had the basic idea first and approached Foster for help. Foster put in all the details.

My point is, there is a huge world of stuff outside the 6 movies. A lot of it is very good and professional. KOTOR itself got most of its back story from a comic series, iirc.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you have no interest in Star Wars lore, have never seen the movies, and dont want a game with a story line? I just dont understand how you can purchase a product that is quite obviously a theme park, story based MMO based on the lore of Star Wars, and then have the gumption to come and complain about this on these forums. Seriously, someone enlighten me on how consumers have become so retarded.

I have interest in the Star Wars lore, I have seen all the movies and I want a game with a storyline and even then I bought the game with no expectations at all and still got disappointed because I don't think that the game delivers any of the 3.

TOR delivers KoTOR lore, I came here for Old Republic Lore, it delivers designs on everything that I have seen in the movies, appearently the galaxy stood still for 3700 years before A New Hope and the storyline is just frosting to cover a barely average game.

i don´t care for the lore, my people and i are just here for the endgame (raids/pvp) everything else is for casuals and spending time in an MMO just doing casual things is just for nerds ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBeAjISBb2U&feature=endscreen&NR=1 )

competition is what i seek and the competition here was just lol, endgame cleared within a night - haters hate us for beeing fast... we don´t care

Nuff said.