1.5 mil subscribers playin, 1k whiners posting

BraQ

I don't have ADD.

I'm not a troll.

I didn't want SWG2, or WoW2...

I just wanted an MMO that did something different, and kept up with the current MMO market. IMO SWTOR does do something different with the story, however everything else in this game is just recycled, and it doesn't offer anything new gameplay-wise. Not only that but the game enging itself is horrible - you can clearly tell they rushed to get it out before christmas so they could make money off the sales - but it wasn't nearly polished enough IMO. If they had just waited a couple more months to iron out the problems currently with the game, then this game would be a lot more fun. I find myself going back to LoL(a free to play game) in order to fulfill my PvP needs, and I'm already bored of the story conversations.

You are clearly new to mmo's. Every thing before this was even less polished on release. That other game people are always talking about was a train wreck compared to this. Mostly unplayable for the first 2 weeks. I have been enjoying this game from day 1. Biiiiiiig difference.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a fair comparison when you are talking about basic features and concepts. I don't mean content amount of overall polish I just mean the basic stuff that even a small company like Trion did better.

As many will argue , Rift's was still better.

Also since you can't compare SWTOR at launch to WoW 7 years on you can't compare a launch in 2011 to one in 2004.

Regardless of age there are some elements that should be better in SWTOR then they are, the UI, the ambiance, music and sound effects (admittedly Rift has bad sound effects at launch), GTN, etc.

Did I list major bugs no but it's the little things that are annoying since major bugs (endgame stuff) is expected.

RIFT had a much better release. The gameplay was much better and innovative. They actually offered a lot of new gameplay features no other MMO has really done. I'll agree RIFT had a better vanilla release.

Hey Everyone,

While we welcome both positive and negative feedback, we do ask that threads be on-topic for the forum they are in. We will be closing this thread now as it is off-topic. Please reserve this forum for discussion of Star Wars™: The Old Republic™.

Thank you for your understanding.