Help defeating Valis

Salulebos

I'm a level 27 Jedi Sentinel and I still can't get close to beating Valis. He kicks my #$% every time. Any tips?

Hes a ***** at times. Throw Kira on him with her armor pent turned on, jump on him and keep him as interrupted as you can. Once you have aggro on him, use your interrupts like they are you only attck and keep him off of Kira. And do not take him on if he is one level obive you or more. You should be at his level or one higher to make it easy.

I beat him at 23, although I needed to use a good potion. I was watchman spec.

Steps:

#1. Send in Kira

#2. As soon as Kira gets knocked back, jump in.

#3. Overload saber and burn him.

#4. Interrupt his first attack.

#5. As soon as your health drops below 50%, pop your potion.

#6. When he gets you to 50% for the second time, run away from him and let your companion continue to wail on him while he chases. Continue running until Kira dies from his aoe knockback.

#7. Pop overload saber before jumping back... burn him a second time.

It was freaking close, but a very satisfying win :)

I had to watch the video to remember who the npc was , i killed it so easy as a sentinel. Interrupt is the key to all the boss fights , u got a main skill with that function and after u got Force Stasis that works like this. And then is the environment that will help u cancel his cast. Hide behind a big box , i remember killing a trooper champion boss only by running around a box and my companion kill it while i got my HP potion off cd. :p

There's actually a pretty simple answer to this. Don't start the fight with force leap. Instead use it every time you get knocked away as soon as possible- your cooldown for it and the cooldown on his knockback followed by that nasty blast is exactly the same. Otherwise just kick his other stuff and you should be ok.

I dont know how different sentinels attacks are to guardians, but I think they are mostly similar.

I had to do this 5 times (and then again 3 more times) and it was the most frustrating and satisfying thing ive done.

I did it 3 times, got my arse handed to me repeatedly and very quickly. Realised I was running out of cash after repairing myself, thus went off questing until I was level 24 (was halfway through lvl 23 at the time.)

At level 24 I got force stasis which was the game changer.

I made sure that Kira had the best kit available, including the best lightsabre mods I could make (which was actually conincidence because I could make he purple resolve 9 hilt, but not the might one) but it actually worked to my advantage.

Selected the attack lightsabre form (not shien or sorisu, the other one) - forced leapt into combat. Waited until a blue bar appeared to show an ability build up, then activated force stasis. This allowed kira who had the best kit to wail on him for 6 seconds, and that had him down to almost 50% health.

Then I taunted him to get his attention off kira, because he immediately bounced her off the ceiling a few times (I love that attack, even if it does hurt alot!). Activated sabre ward and piled into him. when he next activated an attack that could be interupted, I used force kick to interupt it and when he next pushed me back I used force leap to pile back in again.

Those are the three most important attacks - force leap, force stasis and force kick because all of them interupt his most damaging attacks. When you time it right, you end up taking almost no damage because his other attacks are fairly weak.

(the reason why I had to do it 3 more times is that when I got back to the ship I could not for the life of me actually find the ships intercom, I hadnt even realised that little room existed so I thought the mission had bugged out and reset it....)

Save your charge for the knock back and interupt. I finished the fight with 75% health using Rebuke and Saberward (didn't even need to activate the Heroic moment or med pack and I did it at 26).

People need to learn that Force Kick is the single most important ability for survival.

Save your charge for the knock back and interupt. I finished the fight with 75% health using Rebuke and Saberward (didn't even need to activate the Heroic moment or med pack and I did it at 26).

People need to learn that Force Kick is the single most important ability for survival.

heroic moment?

• 10 months later...

As a level 27 Jedi Sentinel, I was getting very frustrated trying to kill Valis. It took several tries before I finally started to investigate this thing on this thread and others.

Force Kick is the key. You heard this before, but this is the big deal for the Sentinel. When ever the cooldown completes on Force Kick, use it again.

Also, I didn't bother having my back to the wall. I would Force Leap back to Valis as soon as I was able. I did use Heroic, and a Might-Stim.

Good luck out there. (I wonder if Kira is really worth it.)