The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Nerf Incoming?

Halofax

Taugrim is an internet personality. Who cares?

On topic: I think there are "nerfs" coming for every class. We're a few weeks into the game and there are glaring issues across the board.

I might be because we have lvl 50s in pimped out gear, fully trained, with max stimms/mods/buffs fighting against lvl 10s... uhhhh yeah, theres sure as the sun gonna rise in the morning gonna be some asskicking there.

Thats a freaking nightmare to balance. Anyone with two working brain cells should realize we cannot even begin to fathom class balance when the playing failed is so open and fubar. And dont tell me about being bolstered, thats a ****** excuse justifying a ****** situation.

I'm actually shocked this conversation went on for three pages.

Edited by Lyability

I hope they don't nerf Van/PT, always a shame to see them go that method. Better to fix the classes that aren't working than just break them all.

That said, I've been a 50 Juggy for about 2 weeks now, and i'm insanely jealous of our guilds 50 PT in the operations/hard modes, who is the MT. Just watching the class in class action shows how much more and better the tools available to it are.

Again, game isn't even a month old, and MMO's change alot. I've faith the underperfomers will be lifted up. Not even talking PVP, which has all sorts of balance issues. Which is kinda annoying, as PvP isn't really optional, as you'll need to start doing it after you hit 50 to gear up to operations.

Hi guys, I am a player on The Deadweight.

I have noticed, that even with full tanking spec, i can still top pvp damage, and i facesmash my way through pvp. I have also noticed that my class has more defense than a guardian, more taunts than a guardian, and generally is just a better tank all around.

I recently unlocked Storm, and at this point in pvp, if the enemy isnt a Bounty hunter, he WILL get locked and i will kill him.

Should I expect a nerf? Especially with this heavy migration of Republic players to Commando?

It's splash damage for the most part, Vanguards especially in shield spec have no kind of burst what-so-ever. In comparison to other classes. Sticky grenade and explosive round, mortar volley, pulse cannon, people sometimes forget these hit multiple people :rolleyes:

There should be no reason for a nerf, the vanguard is the swtor analog to a prot warrior, more utility and more complexity than the other tanks at the expense of a more difficult playstyle. PvP is usually more about control and timing than raw dps output so there is nothing wrong with a tank having top damage output in a warzone..

Problem here at the moment Powertechs/vanguards have way to much mitigation coupled with there utility and damage output compaired to the other tanks. Not to mention you have ranged attacks with no deadzones compaired to shadow/assassin or jugg/guardian who are limited to melee range (no shadow/assassin range abilities boardering melee range unless you pop a long cooldown to incresse the range for one shot)

Hell even the non-tank varients of Merc/commando have to much mitigation when accounting for there DPS output. This is where the call for Trooper/BH comes from. Problem comes from the developers not taking into account the advantage of range over melee when it comes to game balance.