The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What exactly are the core complaints?

Gibmyster

PLEASE NO HYPERBOLE.

I just want to know what the CORE problems are with this game that could make someone loathe it so.

I know one is ability delay, but that's really all i've gathered.

First of all, I do not loathe the game, was just disappointed by it.

Some of the issues that made me cancel:

The trade market needs a lot of work. In terms of other MMO's SWTOR has the worst auction format I've seen. Finding things to buy and searching for relative sale prices is tedious and annoying.

The ability delay (while not a big deal to me) is a definite presence. You'll press keys for abilities that are ready and the command simply will not go through. Or the ability will be qued and will not go through. It's something that exists beyond the global cooldown and if you're any kind of twitch, high speed player, it's going to bother you.

The quests are boring. Archaic. The story does a great job of covering that up, but once you realize that the story is indeed only creating a pretty facade for a rusted old building, it takes away from it immediately. So be prepared to only go out and kill x, find y, destroy z, rescue a, report to b. Once you've completed all of those objectives, go on to the next quest hub and do it all over again.

The LFG system needs some work. I'm not one of the people desperate for a looking for dungeon system, but as it stands now the LFG "tool" consists of you flagging yourself as someone who is looking for group and putting a note up to say what you are looking for. Very inactive, passive LFG system. Essentially, if you don't spam general chat saying you need a group for something, you're most likely not going to get one.

And then just various bugs and minor glitches that all games have when they are new. Nothing game breaking but it doesn't help matters.

Is it a bad game? Not at all. There is a lot to enjoy in SWTOR, without question. Is it an amazing game? Not at all. It's amazing in the MMO world in that it has good story, but that's the only separation it has from the other MMOs that I've played through the years. Not enough to give it any distinction over other titles.

Show Sith Corruption

You have to turn it off every time you log in or change zones and must reload the UI to fix the portrait.

Green Glow

The green glow effect from heals sticks. The only way to not look like the Green Lantern is to log out.

Unload animation sticks

Just keeps on firing at a corpse until you use another ability.

Galactic Market Interface Sucks

Cant just search for an item. must select all the drop down categories. No subcategory for armor slots either.