Arsenal Merc PvP How To

sanctimonia

So my Merc is 21 and is Arsenal spec. After getting my Sith Assassin to level 50 today I have been shifting my focus to my Merc. As my focus is PvP I figured I would ask here for some general tips basically I just have a few questions that I was wondering if some of you Merc players could answer:

1) What is the main stat for PvP? I know Expertise is the main PvP stat at 50 and that aim is the BH primary stat, but what other stats should I look out for and focus on and which should I ignore? Right now I focus on Aim, Power, and Crit.

2) What is the rotation? Now I know in PvP no class has a true rotation since it all depends on the situation and the moment but in general what skills do you use first when you open on a target and what skills are situational and you save for the right time to max damage. For instance, tracer missle which I just got has a debuff attached to it. In PvP I usually try to stack this debuff as high as I can right at the start so my skills will get the best use out of the debuff. However in PvP my target either dies or gets too close before I can get a full stack up. Thus I usuallly stack 2 heat sigs on the target before useing rail gun then unload.

3) Heat Management how do you do it? Again in PvE Heat managment is much less stressful than in PvP I believe. Thus how high do you let your heat go up before trying to cool it down usually?

4) What are good targets for an Aresnal Merc and which should I try and avoid.

So far what I see Arsenal doing (myself included) is spamming tracer missile and knockbacks. Be sure to get Rocket Punch talented to provide a short knockback on a 9 second cd. Get to a high vantage point so melee have to waste a gap closer getting to you, jet boost them off (rocket punch works too if talented) and begin the death missile spam. If a melee gets to you without wasting a gap closer, you are either not high enough up or are not paying attention to your surroundings.

Stack up armor debuff, then nuke with Unload/rockets/power shot/railshot. Use knockbacks/stuns as appropriate. Death from Above if you have a nice opportunity, combat healing is also always appreciated.

Stack up armor debuff, then nuke with Unload/rockets/power shot/railshot. Use knockbacks/stuns as appropriate. Death from Above if you have a nice opportunity, combat healing is also always appreciated.

But stack it up how far? All the way to five or should I just stop at 3 and start unload/rail. Also how do you manage the heat from all this.

But stack it up how far? All the way to five or should I just stop at 3 and start unload/rail. Also how do you manage the heat from all this.

I stack mine to 5, with the talent that gives your missile +2 charges per rocket, you have to do 3x rocket, then go to dps mode, use your rapid shots as a filler /while moving and re positioning and pop vent heat when needed, with the talent it vents even more.

Learning good positioning /heat management will be something you have to practice. Anytime you're moving you should be doing rapid shots.

Always keep heat level below 40 during long fights.

When the opponent is nearly dead, with 30-40% health and can't heal up. Use alacrity stims and spam dps on him until you overheat, then heat vent and return back to heat management below 40.

Everything builds off tracer so yes, we spam it. Unload, Heat Seeker & Rail all gain advantages from it. You also get a 10% defense boost & solid armor reduction while doing good damage all at the same time.

The key is getting off a few tracers & follow up with seeker & rail, both can be used on the move & do solid damage when buffed. You can also fall back to Exp dart, or Blast if you have low heat. If you have time you can pop unload when you proc it & that will make it much harder for them to get out of your control zone while doing good damage.

If they get close you have jet boost & rocket punch, and you can also use electro dart if need be, but truth be told at range or melee we can kick your teeth in. Mobility is not an issue when we have the range we do, and even when we need to move we have more then enough to fall back on.

Edited by Old-Man-George