Lucas's Next Edit?

Trolltar

Over the past 30 years its become widely accepted lore, at least among die hards, that spice is the heroin of Star Wars. Given that, will the next edit be Han Solo not boasting about how fast he did the Kessel (spice) run?

I mean, if shooting a guy that's holding a gun and you and promising to kill you is too morally edgy for Lucas then being a heroin pusher probably is too...

:D

Didn't he shoop Haden Christiansen's (or however you spell it) face over the old Anikin Skywalker at the end of Return of the Jedi, when Luke takes the mask off? Heard that was an edit he added in the blu-ray editions.

Someone wiser than me once said that George Lucas is a man who ate a really awesome sandwich decades ago and has been shoving condiments and toppings down his throat ever since to try and make it better.

Legality has nothing to do with it. Its about how Lucas's sense of morality has changed over the last 30+ years. Shooting Greedo, as depicted in the original movie, was legally justified self defense, but Lucas's sense of morality has changed since the original film. I'm saying what else might change as well? And I think what is essentially drug running is a good candidate.