The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What secondary stat do we want?

Eradicatelol

If what I've read is true, and that power is strictly +tech/force power, I'd say that having extra crit is probably more valuable, and once you get a fairly high crit rating, surge is the next preference. That's how I've been gearing myself at least.

That said, i've done no testing on the matter, but I've always leaned towards crit in any game I've played, since I'm more focused on PvP, and a string of crits for burst is almost always better then slightly higher sustained damage.

Edited by Chaosaura

If what I've read is true, and that power is strictly +tech/force power, I'd say that having extra crit is probably more valuable, and once you get a fairly high crit rating, surge is the next preference. That's how I've been gearing myself at least.

That said, i've done no testing on the matter, but I've always leaned towards crit in any game I've played, since I'm more focused on PvP, and a string of crits for burst is almost always better then slightly higher sustained damage.

No, power increases the damage of all your attacks.

Both power and critical chance would be effective on a PT, but I don't trust RNG.

Edited by cdstephen

No, power increases the damage of all your attacks.

Both power and critical chance would be effective on a PT, but I don't trust RNG.

You get an awful lot of talents that affect that RNG, so Crit has a bit more weight behind it.

How much? Not sure. We don't really know the base DPS values of Aim or Power or Crit or Surge based on anything right now, but crit is worth a bit more than whatever its base value is because of the crit damage bonus talents.

Also if you don't like RNG you're kind of playing the wrong class.

Shieldtech - Heat venting, free Rocket Punches, crit damage talents. RNG.

Adv Proto - Crit Rail Shots, free Rocket Punches, crit damage talents. RNG.

Pyro - Practically a damn slot machine. RNG.