Flashpoints too disconnected?

Speedwash

I've only gone through the first four planets so far (five if you count the starter planet), but it's my impression the flashpoints are really disconnected from the rest of the games storylines.

I did The Esseles which was fit in nicely as an option for getting to Coruscant, but after that the next one I got the quest for was Cademimu, then when I find a group for that and actually get to the fleet area to start it - I finally realized there had been three other flashpoints that were available for me to that point, I just never got a quest for them.

Going back I see there is a droid on the planets that actually does forward you to these flashpoints (not always placed very well), but that's kind of a 'meh' option I think for these kinds of events. I would have preferred if there was some mention during the planetary stories, maybe a pre-quest or short questline that points you in that direction. The quest doesn't have to done to go in, just would be a nice touch saying 'Hey, may want to go to 'x' - there is something we need help with up there'.

May just be me (probably the case), but they just seem completely disconnected from the rest of the game, tothe point you could do the storylines for each planet and never realize they exist except for chat references of people looking for a group. :)

Obligatory TLDR: Are flashpoints too disconnected from the rest of the game?

I totally agree. I have had a lot of fun with them, but having them all in the fleet is just dumb. If you put at least some of them on the planets it would be much better. You could even leave the shuttles that fly to them from the fleet and have two ways of zoning in. I hope they at least do this in the future.

1. This would help people find groups easier, having them in the right zone for your level, and get a lot of spam out of fleet general chat.

2. These areas are a lot of fun for world pvp.

3. It's just cool and a bit more immersive to have a flashpoint hub that you discover while you're questing.

Would be a welcomed change.

Flashpoint Finder will fix this problem.

It would fix some of the spam in fleet general chat. It wouldn't fix any immersion issues and actually, some would argue that it is counter productive in that area of the game.

Furthermore, I think placing flashpoint hubs in the zones where we are questing would further eliminate the need for a flashpoint finder.

Yeah I kinda agree. I am enjoying all the fp's so far, but it is a little odd that every fp is basically, talk to Satele on a holo terminal in the fleet out of the blue and go fly to the fp. Would be nice if there were some fp's just out in the world too.

I've only done FP's up to Cademimu on republic side though, maybe it changes?

It would fix some of the spam in fleet general chat. It wouldn't fix any immersion issues and actually, some would argue that it is counter productive in that area of the game.

Furthermore, I think placing flashpoint hubs in the zones where we are questing would further eliminate the need for a flashpoint finder.

I find sitting around spamming LFG for 40 minutes ruins my "immersion".

I find sitting around spamming LFG for 40 minutes ruins my "immersion".

I was talking more along the lines for getting them a bit more involved with their associated planets (or planet hub, since they are usually different worlds so far).

As far as getting a group together, not sure which way to go for that since in MMO's I've played to date you either have a group finder that just ports everyone in, or you spam in General for a group, or flag yourself as LFG in the social tab. Not sure of any other ways to do it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.