The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Whats the deal with +Power on PT Gear?

Deuzsama

Good day all, Happy New Year!

I'm very happy with my bounty hunter, but I've been rather confused as to why some of PT Gear has +Power.

Anyone have any idea why we get +power on +end +aim pieces? Does +power increase both Tech / Force? I could understand it if it were like that, but since I don't really know why its there I've been switching out mods with +power to mods with +crit (despite being a tank).

Could anyone shed some light on whats the with with +power?

Thanks!

Unlike WoW where there is Attack Power and Spell Power (one which increases the damage dealt by melee/physical ranged attacks, the other increasing damage dealt by spells), TOR features the simple "Power" stat. Power increases Force Power and Tech Power by equal amounts, though my understanding is that it has no effect on Ranged- or Melee-category spells.

In any case, Powertechs do derive plenty of benefit from Power. Obviously it's not a great tanking stat outside of situations where high threat is required, but it is a sound gearing choice for either DPS spec.

Just as a note to this topic: I have a relic that temporarily grants 270 additional power when activated, and I notice no real increase to rail shot, unload, or the basic attack when it's active. Everything else seems properly effected, however.

Just as a note to this topic: I have a relic that temporarily grants 270 additional power when activated, and I notice no real increase to rail shot, unload, or the basic attack when it's active. Everything else seems properly effected, however.

Those abilities are ranged abilities and not tech abilities, so I guess power just increases tech damage for us then?

Those abilities are ranged abilities and not tech abilities, so I guess power just increases tech damage for us then?

I'm pretty positive it is supposed to increase all damage and healing across the board for all classes.

I'll see if I can dig up a similar relic and do some testing. 200ish Power should be significantly noticeable however. That's kind of a lot.

when i pop my power trinket, my rail shot damage goes up. i notice all my damage go up.

im working for a power adrenal now aswell, fora total boost of almost 1000 power at once, will be able to see it better then aswell.