Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Biochem is NOT overpowered...

Trip

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never picked up Biochem skill....I get along just fine without it in PvE. I got 14 alts made and none of them have the biochem skill...to me it's totally worthless. I barely ever use one of those heal packs you loot every now and then,..in fact they pile up on my hotbar quickly and I just sell them to vendor

I can see pvp'rs using that skill,..but pve? waste of time and effort

Only time I ever use a heal pack is an emergency bail out when fighting a boss,..but even that is rare

My thoughts give each crew skill a re-usable buff line.

Biochem gets heal/stims

Armorer gets Shield packs either short term, armor buff (or flat damage reduction)

Armstech get battery packs (short term power/tech buff)

Synthweave gets shield pack (style atleast)

Artificer gets focus gem (short term force boost)

Cybertech: Make an offensive line and a CC line on seperate cool downs. (and perhaps 2m cool down enough to be used regularly but not constantly)

Each profession gets their own 'profession' buff that provide a re-usable buff, that can be balanced (they will need to be adjusted) but give each a definitive 'use'

It very likely will be some become the If you are a X you must use Y type profession (Example if Cybertech gives some CC, then non-cc classes might really be pressured into taking it); but it will not be 'EVERYONE' should be X profession.

Also if every profession got a consumable then there might also be more trading on the GTN.

The only real question is finding the balance of is each consumable on a seperate cool down, or do they make a a set of 'short term Offensive', 'short term defensive', and long term

So Perpahps the Biochem Medpack, The Armorer shieldpack would both be on the same 'cool down' (so you couldn't pop a heal pack, and shield pack, etc to trvialize content).

Peace

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.