Thoughts and Improvements-Sentinel

TEHDARKNEZZ

So, I hear that the sentinel gets insanely hard to play after level 25 or so. Crap.

I have come into this game at an extreme learning curve, having never played an MMO extensively before, only having some experience in games like LoL or starcraft, which I am terrible at.

And now I am finding myself playing the games most "Under powered" Class.

Indeed, CRAP.

So getting to the point: I find myself struggling only slightly up to where I am at 20, mostly soloing and not doing heroic quests or flashpoints, so I fear I am doomed. But there may yet still be hope for sentinels, and perhaps the Jedi Knight class altogether. The Jedi Knight was always, I think, meant to be the 'Versatile' class (or the cool storymode star wars go class, meaning they assumed it was the class most everyone was going to play and tried to make it the most solo-able) I believe that this class was supposed to be a drop everything and win button, but somehow they screwed stuff up. In an attempt to make the Jedi Knight a balance between squishiness and tankiness, not being a caster or rogue in squishiness but also not being a tank or dps in tankiness and damageiness, they accidentally made it an unbalanced not strong enough class, on either side.

The main problem for sentinels, I believe, is damage output. We can handle being slightly more squishy, if it was made up for by being all the more damaging, however right now, it appears to not work that way. In the balancing attempt, we have been made squishy with low damage output. I dont know what its like for guardian, but the survivability factor seems to help them be a little less frustrating at later levels.

What they should do, is make it so that sentinels are less squishy, and make it so that Guardians are more armorerery (Intentional spelling).

I think the main problem is, Jedi Knights main class is sort of a good mix between tank and DPS, but this balance could not be split into two advanced classes when based off of the stats from the original class. If you got this far in the paragraph, I commend you, I know my thoughts aren't very concise and I seem to ramble, but this is the main point. I Swear.

They need to DEFINE the Jedi Knight. Is it more dps, or more tank. This is the decision that must be made, because right now, this strange hybrid creature of a class is really ticking people off.