The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Powertech professions?

BBriggs

I picked up slicing because I still think its decent money, but what about the other two? Any useful ones? Is Armortech good for making your own armor so you don't have to buy it, or does it not compare to the armor you earn from flashpoints/operations? Any suggestions? Edited by BBriggs

I picked up slicing because I still think its decent money, but what about the other two? Any useful ones? Is Armortech good for making your own armor so you don't have to buy it, or does it not compare to the armor you earn from flashpoints/operations? Any suggestions?

Armormech is very good early on because you can make armor for yourself and everyone in your crew. After that it depends on how you feel about socketables. Armormech can keep you and your crew well geared all the way up to 50, but I find a look I like that is socketable and it limits the effectiveness of Armormech.

Biochem is very nice. It allows you to make medpacks and stims that are reusable, allowing you to always have a nice buff or heal when you need it. Its downfall is that it has no effect on your companions.

Cybertech makes armoring and mods. If you get a full set of socketables for you and your relevant companions then it can keep those mods up to date and ready to go. It also makes Greande consumables which can be handy if you have the hotkey space for them.

Those are my recommendations. I'm not impressed with Armstech for a Powertech and think you'll get more mileage out of the other three.

Armormech is very good early on because you can make armor for yourself and everyone in your crew. After that it depends on how you feel about socketables. Armormech can keep you and your crew well geared all the way up to 50, but I find a look I like that is socketable and it limits the effectiveness of Armormech.

Biochem is very nice. It allows you to make medpacks and stims that are reusable, allowing you to always have a nice buff or heal when you need it. Its downfall is that it has no effect on your companions.

Cybertech makes armoring and mods. If you get a full set of socketables for you and your relevant companions then it can keep those mods up to date and ready to go. It also makes Greande consumables which can be handy if you have the hotkey space for them.

Those are my recommendations. I'm not impressed with Armstech for a Powertech and think you'll get more mileage out of the other three.

Thanks!

Edited by BBriggs

Biochem gives one extra instant cast healing button in the endgame that is more powerfull

than consumable healing packs. So biochem endgame utility could be larger especially for tank powertech than other crafting skills.

I personally chooce armortech and I am not impressed about it only good thing is that you could make armors for whole crew especially in the hand, belt, waist slots very often you can make better items that drops but more rarely on other slots. Bad thing is that it is very easy to buy everything that armortech can make from markets with credits so I am bit puzzled is there any end game utility for armortech at all?

Cybertech on the other hand can mod those mod slot items a lot just upgrading their mods so you can make those item so good with mod upgrade that you rarely have to replace them. Also Cybertech pvp utility is better than armotech becouse of granades they can make if you find buttons for them (i really hope they implement macro system soon).

Edited by Nordicus

Biochem gives one extra instant cast healing button in the endgame that is more powerfull

than consumable healing packs. So biochem endgame utility could be larger especially for tank powertech than other crafting skills.

I personally chooce armortech and I am not impressed about it only good thing is that you could make armors for whole crew especially in the hand, belt, waist slots very often you can make better items that drops but more rarely on other slots. Bad thing is that it is very easy to buy everything that armortech can make from markets with credits so I am bit puzzled is there any end game utility for armortech at all?

Cybertech on the other hand can mod those mod slot items a lot just upgrading their mods so you can make those item so good with mod upgrade that you rarely have to replace them. Also Cybertech pvp utility is better than armotech becouse of granades they can make if you find buttons for them (i really hope they implement macro system soon).

I am Armormech as well, and it was awesome for the first 30 levels, but is petering out now. I haven't made anything useful for me or my main companions (the ones I don't use are completely armored by me, but Mako and Gault are in better) in quite some time.

I know there is BoP armor pieces available at the higher end, I just don't think I particularly care about them compared to making mods and grenades or having infinite buff and heal stims.

Kind of funny when you think about it. In most games armor making is absolutely useless till the top levels. In this one it is probably the best profession to level with and it looks like people will end up giving it up for something else at the top end.

Edited by chainsawsamurai

Slicing, Bio Analysis, Scavenging. AFTER I bought my speeder and riding skill, I also bought 2 inventory slot upgrades, all kinds of orange/purple equipment and still had 68,000 credits in my pocket. Don't waste money on sending companions on crew missions. Just slice and gather resources as you find them while questing. Sell on the GTN. Count the credits coming in, thousands at a time.