The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question to other level 50 PvP Vanguards

Doboyfusion

I'm just curious if it's only me. As assault spec I am picking up the Champion Eliminator's set over the Combat Tech set for the set bonus. We lose the first set bonus for our class but the 15% crit on high impact bolt over 15% of stockstrike seems to more than make up for it.

Considering as an assault spec vanguard I am constantly kiting and using HIB on cooldown and proc and only using stockstrike when they close into melee range/I need to proc a free HIB, it seems to me that the commando dps set is actually better.

Am I alone in this thought?

I did the same too. Is it ideal? I dont know, but High Impact Bolt is our hardest hitting ability and also benefits from Assault Trooper, so I chose that. 15% to Stockstrike is okay but HIB can be used at all times and not just in melee. Hitting a Assault Plastique and crit HIB at the same time is...satisfying ;)

15sec off Tenacity and .5sec off Neural Surge is okay, but 15% crit to HIB is awesome. Battle Focus with it makes for some great burst.

Hey thanks for the reply. Glad I'm not the only one doing this.

It seems assault vanguards are few and far between so I'm glad you agree! I must say this is by far my favorite way to play the class, the burst is incredible and kiting is super satisfying.

Yeah man, I cannot express how much I love this class/spec. I tried Tactics and it's just not the same. They do about the same damage, but Assault is at ranged and more of its damage is burst making it great for pvp.

I'm content to be one of the few :) I kite melee and melee the ranged. The versatility of the class lets you operate in mid range, come in and go toe to toe with melee if needed, or even throw down some damage at long range. Great class, I love it.

I saw an interesting video yesterday (posted on these forums) that pretty much describes the playstyle that I do with Vanguard, and the cool things that its capable of -

(He has Gut in his spec, and pretty far into Tactics, which I'm not though)

Ozzie @ Sword of Ajunta Pall

Edited by ReSeNt