37 Merc looking for some advice

Raknier

Okay, here's the deal. I hate, and I mean HATE Tracer Missile. I'm a ****** Bounty Hunter. I don't like exposing my rear 100% of the time. I should be using my sexy blasters.

So here are my questions:

1: Will respeccing to Pyro be a noticeable detriment to my leveling and dps for PvE at 50? I don't mind a hard rotation. I came from (Yes, God forbid I played this game) WoW and I easily mastered some of the more difficult rotations. So difficulty is not the problem. I just don't want to put time and effort into a gimped spec.

2: Will Arsenal ever get a fix where we don't have to constantly spam Tracer Missile? I wouldn't mind having to do it every once in a while to keep up the debuff. Any news on that?

- Thanks! :rak_grin:

I'm far from an expert on Pyro (at 33 currently loving Arsenal), but from what I can tell it can be very viable in PvE. It just seems more focused on DoT procs and abilities. Kinda a "set it and forget it" with a bit of "scratch forgetting it, watch it burn and laugh" qualities. You are gonna be keeping Combustible Gas Cylinder on instead of High Velocity Gas Cylinder. Rail Shot is going to ignore 30% of an enemy's armor, vent 8 heat, and refresh the duration of your Combustible Gas Cylinder dot. Rail Shot will also get a ton of other increases from talents, making it your favorite ability. Incendiary Missile seems to be a pretty hardcore ability at level 20. Power Shot and Unload will both have a pretty ridiculous chance to reset the cooldown of Rail Shot, meaning you are gonna see a lot more use from Rail Shot than in Arsenal. You get a flat 30 second cooldown reduction for Vent Heat (pretty useful imo considering the amount of heat a pyro is gonna put out). CGC, Incendiary Missile, Rail Shot, and Thermal Detonator are all going to get a flat 30% increase to crit bonus damage, which sounds pretty awesome. All of your blaster single target shots, and sweeping blasters (aoe), get a 9% damage increase to burning targets (courtesy of CGC, incendiary missile, w/e). Best of all you are gonna pick up Thermal Detonator, which is basically going to completely replace Explosive Dart for more damage.