The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Assault Plastique

Tightkevlar

I'm a little peeved about my Vanguard Assault 31-point talent.

Assault plastique (AP) works similar to the familiar sticky grenade, with the same timer until an explosion. On first glance, AP looks simply like an improved sticky grenade. However, in practical use, they both share a cooldown which means you need to choose between them. Why would you have to choose between them if AP simply does more damage?

Contrary to the tool-tip, AP appears NOT to knockdown enemies, weak, normal or otherwise. It applies the "stunned" or "scared" effect of a sticky grenade to weak enemies, but it doesn't apply the same AoE knockdown / area stun that sticky does.

So essentially, AP is a delayed nuke that does kinetic damage and only synergizes with the Assault Trooper talent, and marginally with the Burnout talent. Furthermore, it appears to lack the knockdown of sticky grenade. If this is intentional, the tool-tip should reflect it. If it's unintentional, a fix would be nice.

Either way, it strikes me as a weak reward for a 31-pt talent. The additional nuke to add to my rotation is nice when I'm looking to burst, but really, I'm only getting half an ability, since I'm only gaining an extra 50% damage or so on sticky grenade.

Thoughts from other Assault Troopers?