The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

I would hate to be a GW2 Developer right now.

Klarick

Of course, and that's why I'm not much of a fanboy. I'll judge the game when I can play it myself. Lot about it looks promising, but like any overhyped game, might just be a huge let down. We'll see.

I'm one of those players that thinks customization is very important, but I'm also looking forward to seeing how they do the world PvP. Given their track record, I'm guessing PvP will be a strong point of GW2. Like knowing Bioware, we knew story would be a strong point of TOR.. but they might screw it up somehow, you never know.

I love customization too, played City of Heroes for a long time. Sadly that game's biggest downfall was there was no gear grind, so it had no sub retention.

If GW2 can pull of that happy medium of addicting gameplay and extensive customization I'll definitely be happy. But honestly as long as I look cool, I'm content.

Right now I'm pretty happy with Assassin PvP armor, regardless of the clones. If they come out with a really crappy looking set in a couple months, I'll be crusading for either PvP mods, or an A-Tab.

Edited by Jaku

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I can imagine the GW2 team at this moment wondering how the heck they are going to release their game and have to follow SWTOR.

They're not wondering that because they don't have to follow SWTOR. GW2 is B2P, which is not the same as F2P anyway.

It'd be better if you didn't make threads like this, because either you're trolling or you simply are clueless.

Eh, their best game is GW1. And don't get me wrong, I did enjoy the game, but it was not that amazing. It was an average MMO at best.

It's better to go into these MMO's not expecting the world, because developers are only human. There's going to be bugs at release, features they will add later ect...

It's just reality.

Guild wars 1 also happen to be one of the most succesful mmo out there, though they know what they did wrong and what they did right, they told the community and fixed it with GW2(like the dual class system screwing over balance, instanced world, huge dependance on a healer class to do anything)

I don't expect the game to be perfect but since it's arenanet i expect it to be awesome. When you talk with a developer you feel like you're talking to a human being listening to your suggestion and feedback. they recently did a Q&A devs live chat, it was great.

The new revealed mesmer class is a huge mix of players suggestion put into a blender(spelling?) i can easily tell 4 of the skills shown in the trailer are players suggestion

Edited by mastersloup

Nobody will look(or not everyone atleast) the same because

1) transmutation stones

2) The power plateau. At 80 you farm piece of gears because you like the look of this or that armor/weapons not because it has 9 more stamina or strengh

Many people(myself included) played the demo at Gamescon/PAX so yes we know how the classes are(cept the mesmer which was revealed a week ago)

The world pvp area is in fact instanced but it's huge and the battle last for 2 weeks. it isn't "real" world pvp but it sure has the feeling of it

You forgot the main reason why everyone won't look the same: the game's being made by NCSoft/ArenaNet, which are a whole bunch of Koreans who have an obsession with in-game fashion. If the gear in GW2 is even remotely similar to what's in Aion, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who looks anything like anyone else.

You forgot the main reason why everyone won't look the same: the game's being made by NCSoft/ArenaNet, which are a whole bunch of Koreans who have an obsession with in-game fashion. If the gear in GW2 is even remotely similar to what's in Aion, you'll be hard pressed to find anyone who looks anything like anyone else.

The game is made/developed by Arenanet. NCsoft publish it

NCsoft is korean not Arenanet.

There's a rediculous((spelling?) amount of gear and dye in the game you'll most likely never see 2 person look the exact same. even if it's something as small as having the same armor but that guy is brown while that other guy is green