Crit or Power?

AUPilotAU

Hey all,

As I continue to level up, I obviously strive to get gear with Strength and Endurance. I'm just now hitting level 35 and my next priority is to get my accuracy up to 110%. After doing that, I"m conflicted on what secondary stat I should be focusing on.

Crit or Power. As of right now, I'm using the Annihilation skill tree and focusing on pve.

I understand the basics of the two being Crit gives you a better chance at doing crititcal damage and Power gives you bonus damage. Which is the better secondary skill to focus on with the mods? I've gone back and forth over the past 10 levels and don't really see a difference either way.

Thanks for the input!!

As far as I've been told/seen, Power is the stat you truly, truly want.

It increases the damage of both physical and force attacks.

Marauders aren't really geared towards crits - that's more of an Assassin thing.

Although this might be different for Anni spec, I could be wrong.

If you're big into PVP, I'd say go crit because it serves a dual purpose in increasing your survivability (as DoT crits regen 2% of your HP with that skill in the Annihilation tree) as well as your damage.

For PVE, without crunching the numbers, I'd wager Power/Surge if you find you can activate Berserk a lot.

Edited by Swarna

If you're big into PVP, I'd say go crit because it serves a dual purpose in increasing your survivability (as DoT crits regen 2% of your HP with that skill in the Annihilation tree) as well as your damage.

For PVE, without crunching the numbers, I'd wager Power/Surge if you find you can activate Berserk a lot.

The weird thing about crits is that its devalued by how often you can use berserk as Annihilation. Surge rating is probably more valuable, though I don't know how it stacks with the +30% bleed critical damage talent. However, if you're getting them purely for the heals, then it's probably always good.