The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Account-wide "Double XP week" available for CC

Grendel_Echo

18 minutes ago, Grendel_Echo said:

No more very long awaiting for double xp events.

For those who await with advancing new characters much faster.

But by playing the game, questing, doing activities, not by paying to advance in a blink of eye from 1 to 80.

are there not selling double exp boosters the yellow one's all.

and do you not get then also if you compleet the planet story line missions and class story missions also

You can use the Master's Datacron to get to level 80 in an instant. However, that's of course somewhat wasted when leveling from level 70/75, i.e., toons not touched since the last/penultimate max level increase.

Leveling such toons would be fine in case you could skip to the starting story quests of patch 6.0 and 7.0 once you hit level 70 and 75, respectively, and do the story since it gives quite good xp. However, such story skips have not been implemented for various reasons, one major reason brought forward by Bioware was that story choices need to be skipped which is allegedly not possible. It's not like that default story choices are made when skipping to Ossus (i.e., 5.10) such as whether Vette or Torian survives Chapter VIII of KOTET, Arcann is killed etc.

2 hours ago, Grendel_Echo said:

Afaik double XP comes only from a very rare event.

you know that the very rare event you mean is life day event when you most know really good why that event is rare since it has to do with the SWTOR anniversary each year same go's for the double exp event that has to do with it.

back in the past there are more double exp events since the exp rate was not this big at all so thats also a point when there have boost the exp rewards from missions all in general then you not need a lot of exp events at all.

Life day event is one thing, the ability to have double exp for cartel coins whenever we like, is another. Anniversary may be only single time a year and event will be relatively short. I've got 12 characters lvl80 and 20 characters lvl 34-65 awaiting for levelling up to 80 and I prefer do it by questing, flashpoints, heroics etc. There is no fun in using Master Datacron. But advancing 20 alts without serious boost to exp, well it's a huge amount of time and a pain to observe how slow the exp advances even with 25% booster and guild boosts. Thus I'd welcome the ability to buy an extra double exp boost in a form of shorter account wide event purchasable by cc, to be additive to existing guild and +25% boosters.

Edited by Grendel_Echo

45 minutes ago, Grendel_Echo said:

Life day event is one thing, the ability to have double exp for cartel coins whenever we like, is another. Anniversary may be only single time a year and event will be relatively short. I've got 12 characters lvl80 and 20 characters lvl 34-65 awaiting for levelling up to 80 and I prefer do it by questing, flashpoints, heroics etc. There is no fun in using Master Datacron. But advancing 20 alts without serious boost to exp, well it's a huge amount of time and a pain to observe how slow the exp advances even with 25% booster and guild boosts. Thus I'd welcome the ability to buy an extra double exp boost in a form of shorter account wide event purchasable by cc, to be additive to existing guild and +25% boosters.

i not know if you have took a long break from this game but things have chance big time with the exp rate.

missions and so give for a sub player without using the White Acute Module give a big time exp.

i can make a new level 1 char to make it level 80 by doing all the planet story missions, side missions, bonus missions and class story missions to make it level 80 char around the ilum story line part so fast has it become.

the exp rate has been boosted since around 6.0 since some missions most part side missions have been remove when the other missions got a big exp boost as reward.

so why not try it out now that you can see how fast the exp rewards have become.

make a new char for my part and see how fast you become level 10 when you still not have compleet the basic class story line yet.