The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Is it possible to know the live population of every servers, in order to choose one

kiruar

I am having hard trouble on Leviathan french server to participate to any pvp activity (I actually never tag), and I was wondering if it would be better on an other European server, but as I need to pay to move my character, I'd like to be sure it would be different. Is there a known way to know the population of a serv?

Thanks a lot

The ranking of population for european servers:

Darth Malgus (English speaking) > Tulak Hord (German speaking) > Leviathan (french speaking)

Darth Malgus is the secondest largest server on SWTOR (group play possible at almost all times). As far as I know there are no statistics to be found, so you need to trust me 😉

Edited by Lord_Janosch

also keep factions you choose in mind, different servers have different Empire to Republic populations i've heard that star forge is most fairly divided, while satele shan is more republic leaning and darth malgus (can confirm this one from personal experience) is definitely way more Empire leaning, DM does have good portion of rep side players though but only at day, Empire is very active all the time and this is very noticable on their respective fleets, i've also heard tulak hord is mostly Empire (maybe its the names lol). now of course people have alts on both but most people will stick to one side and one or few main alts after finishing the stories, especially when they join guilds and bond with people from that side.

i can't tell you how big of difference there is on any server but DM really but there definitely are differences so if you're actively looking to play specific faction you should know that they're not evenly balanced on most servers.

Edited by BulbulusTheGreat
  • Like 1

I hear about the eventuality of the servers being sided, but that would not make a big difference on pvp activities like warzone? I might do something wrong about those because I find very weird that I literally never started a session... Is there a way to know how much people are in queue? That would be usefull as well if I were to use Pentamonia's technic and just try to create an other alt..

Thanks you all for your answers!

12 minutes ago, kiruar said:

I hear about the eventuality of the servers being sided, but that would not make a big difference on pvp activities like warzone? I might do something wrong about those because I find very weird that I literally never started a session... Is there a way to know how much people are in queue? That would be usefull as well if I were to use Pentamonia's technic and just try to create an other alt..

Thanks you all for your answers!

You can do a search for the warzones that are currently populated for example type '/who civil war' and it will show you all the players from your faction that are in that particular warzone. You can check all the different warzones/arena maps this way to see how populated pvp is at the moment.

• Like 1

ok that is a huuuuuge help, thank you so much, after checking on both serv at 21pm there is only lvl 80 games, that is pretty sad... I don't get why nobody is tagging before lvl 80 I used to play pvp a lot, I guesse it is not a thing anymore on SWOTOR, sad...

5 hours ago, BulbulusTheGreat said:

also keep factions you choose in mind, different servers have different Empire to Republic populations i've heard that star forge is most fairly divided, while satele shan is more republic leaning and darth malgus (can confirm this one from personal experience) is definitely way more Empire leaning, DM does have good portion of rep side players though but only at day, Empire is very active all the time and this is very noticable on their respective fleets, i've also heard tulak hord is mostly Empire (maybe its the names lol). now of course people have alts on both but most people will stick to one side and one or few main alts after finishing the stories, especially when they join guilds and bond with people from that side.

i can't tell you how big of difference there is on any server but DM really but there definitely are differences so if you're actively looking to play specific faction you should know that they're not evenly balanced on most servers.

Star Forge is more heavily populated by Empire players. Finding groups on republic side will take far longer.

19 hours ago, kiruar said:

ok that is a huuuuuge help, thank you so much, after checking on both serv at 21pm there is only lvl 80 games, that is pretty sad... I don't get why nobody is tagging before lvl 80 I used to play pvp a lot, I guesse it is not a thing anymore on SWOTOR, sad...

Star Forge still gets lowbie pops quite often but of course if you are in Europe the prime server time will be different. From my understanding there are quite a few players who come from the European servers for pvp. Check the server lag and see if it makes a huge difference, you might just come to SF for pvp if it doesn't effect your performance drastically. 

Edited by Samcuu