launcher will not open

AshaManRuudje

I used to play a long time ago, and now and wanted to restart playing, but the launcher could not find the patch.

I completely removed the old install and downloaded a new installer from the EA website, but after it is installed it will not even open.

Tickets can be only made in-game. So this is my last resort. Anybody able to help me please?

I play on a Vostro laptop from 2012 with extra RAM and disabled DELL suits (I hate pcfreezing checks during games with only 2 cores.. πŸ˜›) and my Antivirus in Game Mode and find that the launcher starts, but sometimes take 2 minutes to do that.

I blaim invisible Pretty Good Anticheat that might have come with any game and freezing pc's left and right with funky checks.

Β 

SWTOR also got a repair utility exe on some weird EA forum, but no idea if this program still does anything.

Β 

Also when updating an update might freeze cause the drive is FULL! DO NOT STOP THE UPDATE AND START OVER AS THE OLD STUFF HAVING BEEN DOWNLOADED WILL NOT BE ERASED AND IS NOW DOUBLED OR EVEN TRIPLED IF YOU START OVER TWICE!!

Solution: Move files to other drive from full drive DURING THE DOWNLOAD!! (I had to do this for over a year with lot's of DATA files of WoW for a total of 45GB, lol.. πŸ˜…)

Β 

Other stuff that is needed for this game is DX something version 9, and closing browsers by WiseCare (free cache cleaner that can also close hidden Edge running on the background). Also look in Taak (task) manager if other programs are eating up memory or disk calculations, and wait it out or close them. Updaters and compatibility crap are prime suspects.

DX9 is needed for this game (even if you got a higher DX installed)

C++ is also needed as a pure install as windows itself fails at doing this correctly.

Try to find these sources by microsoft help pages if you can. Hackers exist. Avoid Microsoft Voluntary Moderators. And everything with over 2 sixes in them. They are the pinky-up-club.... They speak with split tongues....

Running the game as admin and excluding it in the firewall and antivirus definitions is also good to check. And check GlassWire to see if hidden programs are using the internet like Predator, Pegasus and RayWare.ArchTraitor.Inc.πŸ‘‹πŸ‘

.....the usual crappy suspects....

Γ—
Γ—