The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question about Vanguard leveling and pvp dps

Junebugman

I'm a lvl 25 vanguard and up until now I was really just randomly choosing talents in the skill tree. I was also doing pretty well in pvp I think because I do have the lvl 20set for pvp and I'm usually either top dmg or at least in the top 5. I want my vanguard to be mostly pvp dps and maybe a tank in pve.

What is the best tree I should respec for the most effective leveling, and between Tactics and AS, which better for pvp dps? I know tactics is more melee while AS more DoT/kiting.

I was just wondering if a few people who are experienced in pvp dps could tell me their experiences with the class and trees and even a few level 50s who can share some advice on the most effective way to level and tree. Currently I just landed on Tat and I've so far only ever rolled with and geared Jorgan.

Why would you post a tank spec when he asked for dps?

I'm 31 tactics and love the spec. This does require you to be more in melee range as gut and stockstrike become pretty important in pvp. Once you hit 31 in tactics, you can rely on them less, but they are still juicy ;)

My 50 spec will be 3/31/7 with 3 points in tanking for the extra elemental damage, and mostly focusing on end and stockstrike from the assault tree.