The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

We need a Rocket Boost mount

The assets are already there, have a toggleable mount version of the Rocket Boost ability so we can go maximum-over space-barbie and travel around using the rocket boots or built-in jetpacks. It's such a waste to limit the potential of armor to a temporary ability. Sell it for $5 an you'll easily make several thousand.

swtor_fQW6OuGyG1.jpg

Edited by Ruchalus
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

• Ruchalus changed the title to We need a Rocket Boost mount

+1, would love to see a "mount" which just looks like the rocket boost effect, I find the jetpacks you can get as mounts to be way too bulky and your character hangs at an angle when standing still, I like the way your character is more straight up and down while waiting when rocket boosting

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I'm up for a main idea, but in my opinion our current rocket mounts should not allow to hang still over ground in idle position. In this position the backpack should be turned off and character standing on the ground. That would solve the issue with hanging idle at an angle. Any longer character movement would turn the rockets on,  with a short cooldown, to not letting users abuse that ability.

Going further, such rocket mount could operate with an internal fuel tank, that would replenish fuel automatically on longer flights, while rapidly and drastically decreasing fuel level when user decides to use short jumps, entering a coolling state (cooldown, kind of penalty).:)

Edited by Grendel_Echo