Buggy patch installation.

Esoterite

Hello,

I've been facing an issue while trying to install the recent patch update, namely, it downloads 70% of it within 10 seconds and then immediately gets stuck at 70%. I left it like that for an hour and the downloading process did not progress at all. It just gets stuck at 70%. 

I tried to conduct a repair installation through the launcher downloader but nothing happened. I then tried to perform a clean uninstallation and manually deleted every SWTOR file and performed a clean installation immediately thereafter, but to no avail, as for some reason it still gets stuck at 70%, so now that I've deleted the game it will neither let me install the main game first nor the update patches.

Before you ask, I have 120 GBs free space and I am not using a VPN. The connection is pretty fast and stable on my end.

I'm a subscriber but obviously can't report this in-game because I can't play. I tried to contact EA support but the website offers no possibilities to directly contact them, instead it tells me to either post something on the game's corresponding forum or contact the support team in-game. 

I need help.

Screenshot 2024-07-27 150246.png

Edited by Esoterite

hello,

Try the steam client version or if that's already the case, try the swtor.com one.

If you have some antivirus like avast or other, try disable it during install.

Hope that will help ;)

Edited by Kazuone

• Members
    • I'm not sure what is going on with my login as well as of 8:30 am cst 7/31/24. I start the launcher and it starts to download and then just stops short of finishing then I get a login error message at the bottom. Am unable to repair via the option on the launcher it just does the same thing. It has done this once before and I had to uninstall and reinstall. Not sure that should have to be an option every time this happens. I am currently in the process of reinstalling and will check back to post if it was successful or not. I always run my virus checker with the game and it runs fine so I don't think its that.  Thank you for your time.