The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Dark vs Light Bosses & Tokens return feedback!

Hello, it was announced the world bosses from the Dark vs Light system would be returning.
A PTS was not announced so I hope feedback here is ok!

Background

Feedback

• EXCITED!
  • THANK YOU for making the bosses spawn like normal bosses, and not with the weird mechanic they used to have where someone could tag the boss, run away, and make it disappear for 24+ hours. Lol. The trolling was disheartening.
  • Thanks for making the tokens drop from the bosses "always", the previous system was so confusing.
  • I'm hoping the bosses don't despawn for 24+ hours when your whole group dies like before. Lol.
  • Previously, a big tactic was to return to medcenter and run back. I wonder if that will still be the case. I didn't hate it. I liked that players had the option, though I prefer to just not die lol.

Strong Suggestions

• PLEASE make the Light and Dark Side tokens be legacy-bound. It is super frustrating that they are/were per-character, especially as so many other things in the game encourage us to play across our different characters.
  • As a player who has already done these achievements, I would LOVE if you created a new achievement with a new decoration for re-defeating them all in this new format, in addition to the old rewards still being earnable. Could even take the existing posters and make one half dark half light with the existing graphics or something simple like that. A lot of players enjoyed hunting down the special achievement to get all of them and it would be cool to have an achieve reason to do that again, made for good community engagement for more dedicated collectors/players.
  • The circles from "Volley" and the circles from "Agony" are very hard to see on some planets like Tatooine and almost impossible on Hoth. Would it be possible to turn up their opacity or saturation or something?
  • I'd really love for these to stick around event after the Season ends.

Additional Suggestions

• Remove the Dark and Light restrictions from the armors from the Dark vs Light system vendors, since it's no longer tied to the Dark vs Light system.
  • Make our old archived tokens still work for this new event. 
  • PLEASE don't make the mechanics easier. These are so fun to learn, even though they are very hard.
  • Like 3

10 hours ago, LadyAdmiral said:
  • As a player who has already done these achievements, I would LOVE if you created a new achievement with a new decoration for re-defeating them all in this new format, in addition to the old rewards still being earnable. Could even take the existing posters and make one half dark half light with the existing graphics or something simple like that. A lot of players enjoyed hunting down the special achievement to get all of them and it would be cool to have an achieve reason to do that again, made for good community engagement for more dedicated collectors/players.

I love the idea of an Half Dark Side-Half Light Side poster. And I am also super interested by the idea of sharing the tokens accross the server because it's kind of annoying to have to hunt down the toon I have some specific tokens on.

Edited by LittleEwina
typo
  • Like 3