The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Question about planetary bonus stories, side quests, and the expansions

LordOwning

I've tried googling this and searching these forums but I can't find anything that actually addresses my question so I'm sorry if this has been asked before. 

I'm not looking for specifics or major spoilers here.

Do the events of the planetary bonus quest series or side quests throughout the game ever get brought up in any of the expansion content?

I've been playing on and off for a while now and I got as far as the beginning of Ossus so I know they don't really get mentioned at least up to that point.

I also know that they introduce characters like Theron's dad and give a bit more of a look into Saresh but do the actual events that happen in the stories ever get mentioned or have an impact on the stories of the expansions from Ossus and beyond.

I guess I'm just wondering if they are worth doing for any reason beyond just seeing those stories.

On 7/19/2024 at 12:43 AM, LordOwning said:

I've tried googling this and searching these forums but I can't find anything that actually addresses my question so I'm sorry if this has been asked before. 

I'm not looking for specifics or major spoilers here.

Do the events of the planetary bonus quest series or side quests throughout the game ever get brought up in any of the expansion content?

Depends on what you consider to be "side missions".  Someone you meet on Mek-Sha in Onslaught on a Pubside character will recognise you if you ran your character through The Esseles on your way from the starter planet to Coruscant.  (You said no spoilers, so I won't say who it is.)  Also, during Impside Prelude to Revan, someone(1) and your character will reference your previous participation in the events of the <Planetary Arc> on Dromund Kaas if you did those missions.  Granted, Prelude to Revan isn't strictly-speaking an expansion(2), but it's still a reference.

(1) Again, it's a spoiler, so no, I won't say who.

(2) Expansions have X.0 patch numbers, and PtR was released in a late 2.X patch, before 3.0 introduced the Shadow of Revan story.