The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

What are we supposed to do in the Taylir Gra-tua mission Track Down Kur Ha'rangir?

redmondgiant

It has 3 Scan steps, but I'm not sure what it even means. Am I supposed to aimlessly wander around (since the purple arrows point all over the place) using the macrobinoculars to find something?

I can't be the only one who isn't remotely clear on what I am even supposed to be trying to do on this mission, right?

Also, since there are a lot of missing/confusing purple breadcrumb indicators in general in Ruhnuk. content, I am not even sure if the mishmash of area-to-area purple indicators is a mistake or part of how this particular mission's goals are meant to be hunted down.

Not to mention this comes right after surviving Iron Beast, so I thought my troubles were over ...

It's been sometime since I've run the Ruhnuk story but it sounds like user error to me.  More details would be nice.  I remember where I fought Kur, I remember how to get there, I just don't remember if there are any prerequisites.

Posted (edited)

I'll post some map ss to clarify what I see and don't understand ...

- I track the Taylir Gra-Tua mission so any breadcrumbs it is supposed to give me on my maps should be present (general problem with Ruhnuk content imp, but still)

- All World and Area map filter options are enabled in the ss taken below

The overall Ruhnuk map shows no purple breadcrumbs for the Taylir Gra'tua mission, so I have no idea where to head (one area over another, say):

Ruhnuk

image.jpeg.f1a03223f4a2dfc136fb5dcae25ab3d4.jpeg

And EVERY area seems to have purple breadcrumbs pointing back to multiple other areas, like one big many-to-many (complete) graph. All the purple arrows when hovered over say they are for Taylir Gra-Tua with one of the three area names, but inside each one (as you can see) there are no LOCAL indicators at all of what I am supposed to be after. Normally when there is some objective WITHIN an area, there is some hint on the map as to what/where it may be.

i.e. ... am I supposed to clear literally the entire 3 areas and use some item to look for something at every hallway?

Cliffside Tunnel Network

image.jpeg.40a65a150a516e4c6736b3a8b50dec7b.jpeg

Overgrown Mining Site

image.jpeg.b93ea9303ec612e94cc66118784cbb54.jpeg

Edited by redmondgiant

I completed it.

I reset the mission and did it starting from the 0/4 locate the beacons step. This time I ws already in the Excavation Site location and the purple arrow breadcrumbs then made more direct sense on where to go to Scan the next 3 items.

My problem the first time: I had wandered to the other side of Ruhnak when I began to try to do the Scan 3 items part, and from there those arrows seem more confusing and circular in where they indicate to go. Not sure why ..., but restarting so that I end up doing the 3 "Scan ..." objectives beginning from the "normal" place people would tend to follow-on to that mission step made it more clear where to find the items (just regular clickies, not macrobinoculars or anything special).

• Like 1