The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Why is the "suggestion box" not available as a topic?

MinnieF

I would've liked to write this under the suggestion box, but since it's not available, perhaps I have better luck here.

So, cutscenes.

The starter scenes for each class story, and capital planet starting cutscenes (Dromund Kaas and Coruscant spaceport arrival scenes), as well as some planet arrival scenes with personal ships have updated cutscenes. I think from updates made in 2023? 2021? I can't quite remember when, but is there a reason that more cutscenes from early game haven't been updated/reworked?

For me, as a (former) long time player of the game, it felt like playing the game for the first time again; with the updated cutscenes that I'd played thousands of times before.

Perhaps I'm alone in my wish, or a part of a minority of the playerbase who wishes for a change such as this. But I'd like to see more early game cutscenes and content get revamped and updated, perhaps make it its own expansion if its too much work to put out in one go. Or perhaps running updates, where once a month another planet for all 8 storylines, have updated cutscenes.

cutscene update for the four starter planets < cutscene update for the two capital planets < cutscene updates for Balmorra/Taris < cutscene update for Nar Shaddaa .....

So on so forth. I'm not familiar with the technicalities of game developmenet nor am I familiar with the difficult of such a task, so perhaps my suggestion is rather outlandish in nature? 

As an old player of the game, with many fond memories attached to it, I would rather refresh the older parts of the game to blend in with the newer content of the game. So that it has a more cohesive look and feel to it. Making the player experience for old, as well as new players, much more enjoyable.

// a loyal imperial player. <3

2 hours ago, MinnieF said:

I would've liked to write this under the suggestion box, but since it's not available, perhaps I have better luck here.

That's because you're not a subscriber (or, at the very least, the website thinks that you're not a subscriber).

• Like 1