Ever since they changed character creation, I hate it

The lighting is darker and inaccurate to what you see in game.  Not to be a cynic, but maybe that's on purpose to get people to spend CC to change colors at a terminal.  You can't click on the character to get them to say the voice lines, they only say them on class selection.  And what really drives me crazy the most is that you cannot inspect the skill trees for different disciplines while making your character.  In fact, you have to wait until you reach a cantina.  Just giving a little feedback, because I don't understand it.

I also never understood showing off the cool clothes on character creation but locking them behind the market in game.  Feels like a bait and switch.  But that's been a thing since beta, so.

Have to agree with the darker lighting being a pain. I made a Lana lookalike on Star Forge and getting the right color blonde hair was impossible in character creation. Had to remake.

On 6/29/2024 at 2:07 AM, BelorfinSiana said:

The lighting is darker and inaccurate to what you see in game

It wasn't ever accurate compared to *all* locations in the game, for multiple reasons, notably:

• The Impside creator had brighter and bluer lighting than the Pubside creator, so Impside characters tended to look paler in the creator than the same slider position in the Pub creator, but that difference didn't carry over to in-game.
  • The various planets don't all have the same colour and brightness of lighting, so they can't all match the creator's lighting.

That said, I, too, would like to see brighter lighting in the creator, and even options for showing the lighting as it is on various planets.  (Ref: FF14's creator, with different lighting brightness/colour options.)