Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Dialog boxes

YaddleTwo

This is how it feels to me, like my character has lost their voice, a powerless feeling, idk how to explain it more but it stinks.

I'm sure by now others have complained ad in finity but it takes me completely out of the story. It makes me not care about any of what is going on.

Also why no obvious light-side / dark-side choices on most of them? Like the little light up white glowy vrs the dark red glowly next to the choices, those seemed to have disappeared where i'd expect them to be.

Devs, i know you work hard and you're tired of the complaining, but this game was built on it's incredible choices and voices. The main story is the spine of this game and it feels... vacent when it's just dialog boxes. Please put the voice actors back in their roles, thank you.

p.s. any replies in there i ask that they be kept civil, thanks

I think most people would agree that voice acting for our characters would be preferred. I would rather have new story with dialogue boxes only, over no new story at all though.

Now since this tread is about getting voice acting for our toons here are some suggestions that might allow that to happen.

1. Create Class specific expansion. Release a story line that could only be done by 2 of the original 8 classes (faction mirrors) that way you don’t have to hire 16 voice actors at one time. And you can release other story lines later

2. create a Faction specific storyline (the faction could be decided by a light and dark type event, maybe even through conquest. Which faction had the most 1st places on planets for a month or so.)

3. Have the new supporting/antagonist characters not speak basic (the language that needs voice acting) or have them be mute speaking some sort of sign language or telepathy that can be relayed through text boxes (thus allowing you to use most if not all the VA budget on the main toons)

4. Reuse some recorded dialogue for main, allies, and enemies alike. (Specifically in non cut scenes, but since it appears you already have, you can do it for cut scenes too)

5.A combination of all of those.

Edited by AFadedMemory

5 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

1. Create Class specific expansion. Release a story line that could only be done by 2 of the original 8 classes (faction mirrors) that way you don’t have to hire 16 voice actors at one time. And you can release other story lines later

Can you imagine the furore if they didn't release Sith Warrior and Jedi Knight as the first one?  Or the furore if they ***did*** do them first?

• Sad 1

7 hours ago, AFadedMemory said:

2. create a Faction specific storyline (the faction could be decided by a light and dark type event, maybe even through conquest. Which faction had the most 1st places on planets for a month or so.)

1 sounds good in theory but not so much in practice. This class gets a nice little story arc while the rest have to sit there and labor through dailies and air grievances on the forums. Also, if you're going to do that, you'd need to commit to it for the entire process otherwise a number of classes are going to be deprived of comparable content. Also, how would class-specific content work at this point, given that, for all intents and purposes, all 8 characters died on Darth Marr's flagship?

For 2, are you talking about something like Makeb, where each faction had its own story arc regarding an event, or something else?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.