B3-S1 Bessi and RNG of training modules

On 7/3/2024 at 1:23 AM, Saeten said:

Currencies are capped except for Combat atm.

Interestingly the rewards shown on the top right of the venture legacy page are not daily-area modules but role modules, so could it be possible that level 10 will be different from level 5-9?

Though, after all the dailies from levels 5-9, we still have Rishi and Mek-Sha left. How will they fit just 2 daily areas into a level or if levels 10-11 will be entirely different I'm terrified to know lol

12 minutes ago, nimaus said:

Interestingly the rewards shown on the top right of the venture legacy page are not daily-area modules but role modules, so could it be possible that level 10 will be different from level 5-9?

Though, after all the dailies from levels 5-9, we still have Rishi and Mek-Sha left. How will they fit just 2 daily areas into a level or if levels 10-11 will be entirely different I'm terrified to know lol

True. Rishi, Mek-sha and Ziost won't have objectives. You will have to complete 5 of each role objectives instead in level 10. Level 11 is extra. So you will have unlocked Bessi permanently once you complete level 10. However, you'll need 200 of each tokens, instead of 100 to complete level 10. So, it is going to take an extra week.

18 minutes ago, fatsi said:

True. Rishi, Mek-sha and Ziost won't have objectives. You will have to complete 5 of each role objectives instead in level 10. Level 11 is extra. So you will have unlocked Bessi permanently once you complete level 10. However, you'll need 200 of each tokens, instead of 100 to complete level 10. So, it is going to take an extra week.

Oh have you reached level 10?

There are no Ziost modules, but it's true that HK doesn't sell Mek-sha and Rishi modules, so doing a number of role modules is very much possible on level 10. But will see!

3 hours ago, fatsi said:

As I recall, level 10 is 150 with 11 being 200. That is still more than you can get in a week, so unless you happen to have enough carry over from the previous week, you'll still need 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, nimaus said:

Oh have you reached level 10?

There are no Ziost modules, but it's true that HK doesn't sell Mek-sha and Rishi modules, so doing a number of role modules is very much possible on level 10. But will see!

There are Ziost modules in the game files. They just do not appear to be obtainable. Ziost also has Data Fragments in the code that I assume will never drop since they thankfully don't have a corresponding objective.

Regarding level 10, in addition to the 5 role modules for each role, it also has use role abilities 500 times. So training dummies will get a lot of attention when people start hitting it. XD

6 hours ago, Ranadiel_Marius said:

As I recall, level 10 is 150 with 11 being 200. That is still more than you can get in a week, so unless you happen to have enough carry over from the previous week, you'll still need 2 weeks.

OOF! The weekly cap I think is now the pinnacle of friction point right now - like I'm fine with more grinding, sure more grinding progressively with higher levels makes sense, but to make us pay more than weekly caps is just pure time-gating. I'm sure there are already unlucky players who, in levels 5-9, have to waste a week to buy specific-location modules they need. And now to make us have to wait a week doing nothing as part of the level's progression is just thoughtless.

I wish they will just make level 10 cost the same, 100 of each role data and 300 prototype data in total - would be glad to exchange this with doing more modules since it's the final level to get Bessi as a legacy companion.

On 6/26/2024 at 12:48 PM, Kri-gal said:

Spent my entire allotment of currency looking for the right ones. If they fix it for future people, what about "us" who've already gone thru this and have taken a lot of extra time?

Well, you're deciding to do all that right now. I'm stopping at level 6 until this is made better.

And all for this for a companion that I don't even know is going to be better than all the ones I already have.

I'm not even finishing this if I find out from others it's exactly the same as all others in potency. That would be months of work for a cosmetic companion.

9 hours ago, Monterone said:

Well, you're deciding to do all that right now. I'm stopping at level 6 until this is made better.

And all for this for a companion that I don't even know is going to be better than all the ones I already have.

I'm not even finishing this if I find out from others it's exactly the same as all others in potency. That would be months of work for a cosmetic companion.

Mechanically, Bessi is a clone of Shae. There is some minor variance in their damage ranges (at level 1 influence Bessi had +4 min damage, -4 max damage than Shae for their basic Damage ability meaning she has a slightly more stable damage range than Shae due to "weapon" type), but broadly speaking the Venture is for an alternate cosmetic for Shae's ability kit.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Ranadiel_Marius said:

Mechanically, Bessi is a clone of Shae. There is some minor variance in their damage ranges (at level 1 influence Bessi had +4 min damage, -4 max damage than Shae for their basic Damage ability meaning she has a slightly more stable damage range than Shae due to "weapon" type), but broadly speaking the Venture is for an alternate cosmetic for Shae's ability kit.

Thanks for that. I'm gonna put this on the back burner.

I already have Shae on every toon I play, I don't need this much work for a re-skin.

I'm stuck at level 6 and i can't continue.

I can't buy specific planet missions because i don't have the currency to do them (i expended many last week trying to understand the mechanics).. All because of this convoluted system.

I have tokens for the rest of the planets except the ones i need...

Edited by psikofunkster

To add insult to injury to this bogus whole ordeal.  I pulled out BESSI LAST WEEK on 10 ALT characters I don't play except for this whole side quest extravaganza; finished what I could finish and then never played the toons again.  I did not use even half of the time available, so she was still "out" on these toons.  I logged in this week after the reset on Tuesday, start doing missions on these characters that had Bessi out using the missions that were already on each character.  I did not even GO to Ruhnuk, much less use another chip.  And what does the game do?  Shows me as 6/10 for the week on memory chips used, even though I used NO chips.  So now instead of being able to pull and use 10 chips, I can only do 4 more this week.  What is this madness????

I have put in multiple tickets (because in my 10+ years in this game, the answer you will get varies based on who picks up your ticket, not all CS agents are the same) but sadly they all got replies with nothing of use, sending me back a list of "known issues" with this Venture program and telling me to "submit a bug ticket".  Oh, so you can send the immediate canned response that says you will look into it but you don't report back to players on bugs because for some reason that's how your bug reporting has worked for a decade plus?  No thank you, I've already wasted WAAAAY too much time on Bessi.  So now I can do EVEN LESS THIS WEEK than I normally can behind these nonsense weekly caps.

This whole system is like watching a dog play the piano...... amazing and ridiculous at the same time, but also really really bad 😠

Edited by DarthNillard

On 7/4/2024 at 12:06 PM, Ranadiel_Marius said:

Which just means once we get done with all 11 rounds of shenanigans, we will just end up with another companion that is no better or worse then the rest, but with MUCH MUCH MUCH more time invested.  And it also appears you will still need to get her to max level affection, so even MORE work for the same end result.

I used a Companion Compendium on her (apparently I was wrong early on that this wouldn't work on her) and now she's showing as 50 affection.  The survivability is still a lot worse than other companions, on level 9 of 11.  Hopefully fully maxed she's at least comparable.  I am only doing this because there's nothing else new to do in this game and I'm a completionist.  Can't wait for that new Star Wars game to drop at the end of the summer :(

Sidebar, the companion compendium I used only counted for that 1 character. So Bessi will be level 1 on all your characters I assume once you finish the 11 levels, and you'd have to boost them up on any character you plan to use her on.....

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.