B3-S1 Bessi and RNG of training modules

Wait, we have to do through all this crap with BESSI for 11+ weeks, AND then still do affection after the fact to make it viable? Please tell me that is not a thing and people are just doing it to make it more viable as you level? Because that would be pathetic if both things were needed just to make this a regular companion at the end 😠

3 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

Wait, we have to do through all this crap with BESSI for 11+ weeks, AND then still do affection after the fact to make it viable? Please tell me that is not a thing and people are just doing it to make it more viable as you level? Because that would be pathetic if both things were needed just to make this a regular companion at the end 😠

As far as I am aware, there is no official information that says her influence level is reset to 1 once she becomes a full-time companion. I think guide writers are speculating that may be the case as I do not think anyone could have advanced Bessi that far in PTS.

• Like 1

On 6/19/2024 at 10:28 AM, JackieKo said:

Hey all! 

We've been keeping an eye on the feedback coming in from this thread. and wanted to say we will be making some adjustments to help with this friction point. Will come back with more details when I have them. Appreciate the feedback!  

I added my voice to this thread to complain, now I'll add it to say thank you.

I have been really enjoying the venture system up until the issue, so when all my characters failed again earlier this week to get the one training node I needed, I was pretty miffed.  9 characters with 59 minutes to use Bessi and nowhere to go....

I pretty much didn't play SWTOR until the update that offered the training modules on the vendor. the 30 prototypes for a module messed with my "system" a little bit , however it has now allowed me to move on... and use all my characters Bessi time to actually do quests that I had stored up, so... in short! TEAM BESSI is back

I can live with the extra week or so it's going to take me to complete it. Thank you for fixing friction point, please take this as learning for potential issues going forward with ventures , and or Bessi!!!

Thank you for the fix. have a great weekend.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, HypSpec said:

As far as I am aware, there is no official information that says her influence level is reset to 1 once she becomes a full-time companion. I think guide writers are speculating that may be the case as I do not think anyone could have advanced Bessi that far in PTS.

My understanding is that it happened on the PTS. It probably happened when they switched over from Research Level 1 to Research Level 2 because you are summoning two different Bessis between those two levels (there is a different Bessi in the code for her four default appearances).

It is possible that they fixed that between PTS and live. I haven't given Bessi any gifts, so it isn't something that has been on my personal radar. And currently she is on V3 for me (although I don't know when she got her extra armor because it is barely noticeable), so I won't be able to check that myself for...3 weeks(?) when she switches to finished for me.

Given that people successfully used a compendium with Bessi, I would guess that there won't be an influence reset. If there were an influence reset, they likely (or at least hopefully) would have flagged Bessi as a temporary companion and prevented the use of a compendium. Or they might have done something akin to the KOTFE/KOTEE returning companions: they are coded as new companions but they import the base stories influence level. And just for reference:  Bessi loves Military Gear. (Someone might have already posted that but I didn't want to wade back through to double-check)

12 hours ago, tsteenburg said:

Given that people successfully used a compendium with Bessi, I would guess that there won't be an influence reset. If there were an influence reset, they likely (or at least hopefully) would have flagged Bessi as a temporary companion and prevented the use of a compendium. Or they might have done something akin to the KOTFE/KOTEE returning companions: they are coded as new companions but they import the base stories influence level. And just for reference:  Bessi loves Military Gear. (Someone might have already posted that but I didn't want to wade back through to double-check)

All i'm saying is, we doing all this nonsense to level up Bessi, she should automatically become max affection when we finish her 11/11.  It shouldn't take all this scruff AND then affection leveling just so she's the same as a regular companion with max level affection that DID NOT require this long grind....

So I'm a little confused. I'm on level 4 with Bessie. Why was there a block to progression, is it because you need to basically do every daily area to progress at the higher levels because it costs so many mats to upgrade? Currently at the low level I skip certain daily areas like iokath for example and it doesn't really matter because I can do most of the others and still cap the currency in a couple hours. 

I've sort of been bumbling my way through in no hurry. Bessie is close to level 5 except for defense which I have to finish, this week or next. Level 5 and up may be a challenge, but again, I'm in no hurry. It just fills time between seasons and gives me something to do.

I'm sure I'll hit those annoying roadblocks soon, but if I finish six weeks from now, or 6 months, doesn't matter. It's only a game and nothing but time. A matter of perspective I guess.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JLazarillo said:

Is it necessary to save the "Data Fragment" items for the various areas after collecting them, or can/should I just vendor them off once I've filled the quota?

I'll admit, I'm curious about that too. When "uploading data", they didn't get removed from the inventory so I presume they aren't actually needed, but I still didn't sell them until I'd finished the level just in case. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, khamseen_air said:

I'll admit, I'm curious about that too. When "uploading data", they didn't get removed from the inventory so I presume they aren't actually needed, but I still didn't sell them until I'd finished the level just in case. 

They aren't needed, you get the achievement once you get the 10/10 you need.  You can sell them to any Vendor for minimal credits.

Also for anyone wondering, you don't have to collect them on 1 character either.  You can do some on one and others on others (so if you have to do CZ missions for example and have cz missions on multiple characters, you can spread them out).  It's cumulative so once you hit 10 you get the achievement and the missions progress on BESSI.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, DarthNillard said:

They aren't needed, you get the achievement once you get the 10/10 you need.  You can sell them to any Vendor for minimal credits.

Also for anyone wondering, you don't have to collect them on 1 character either.  You can do some on one and others on others (so if you have to do CZ missions for example and have cz missions on multiple characters, you can spread them out).  It's cumulative so once you hit 10 you get the achievement and the missions progress on BESSI.

Nice, thanks! Saves another 3 inventory slots given the number of currently useless mission items I've accrued taking up space. 

• Like 2

Well thats just super, I bought 1 Training module for kessans landing and now I'm 30 Prototype data less than what is needed to level up Bessi, Which means I have lost a whole week of doing training missions now since I cant progress to the next level to do them.

Devs, please increase the weekly cap.

• Like 3

Was able to finally do the 1 remaining mission from level 6, and the misc gathering quests for level 7. Now starting repair level 8 of 11, which is mathematically impossible for me to complete in 1 week because of these goofy caps despite me having over 100 missions across my toons....

Edited by DarthNillard
  • Like 1

Yup, logged in and hit currency caps within 20 seconds because of the saved items from last week that I couldn't use. Then had to buy 3 Onderon training modules to complete the training module requirement for this level and now don't have the currency required to complete the research, so three weeks for this level and no reason to log in for the rest of this week. 

37 minutes ago, khamseen_air said:

Yup, logged in and hit currency caps within 20 seconds because of the saved items from last week that I couldn't use. Then had to buy 3 Onderon training modules to complete the training module requirement for this level and now don't have the currency required to complete the research, so three weeks for this level and no reason to log in for the rest of this week. 

I ended up the same boat as you, but I'm not purchasing the last Onderon one.  I have 300 prototypes, and will save them for when I need to upgrade.  So, I'm just doing the daily mission to get a Memory chip, and if Bessi doesnt give me an Onderon one, I'll try again tomorrow..and so on until Monday.  I have enough (5) of all the other missions for the rest of the repair levels.  So, just storing the extra data stuff for next week.  I'm not stressing anymore with this.

Edited by Taurax

30 minutes ago, Taurax said:

I ended up the same boat as you, but I'm not purchasing the last Onderon one.  I have 300 prototypes, and will save them for when I need to upgrade.  So, I'm just doing the daily mission to get a Memory chip, and if Bessi doesnt give me an Onderon one, I'll try again tomorrow..and so on until Monday.  I have enough (5) of all the other missions for the rest of the repair levels.  So, just storing the extra data stuff for next week.  I'm not stressing anymore with this.

Yeah sadly I burned through all 10 of my weekly memory chip allowance and didn't get any Onderon missions so had to buy them with the prototype data. 

Am 27.6.2024 um 23:35 schrieb indoorgriller:

oh wow wait a minute...u tested it today? u cant cap prototype data now?

i cant check it this week i had 100/100 x3 and 300/300 weekly before the update already

"The Collected Research Item for the Basilisk Prototype Venture can no longer be used if all granted currencies are capped."

i thought this was referring to all 4 currencies??..so 100 tank, heals and dps and 300 prototype data

if thats true..could u please change it back haha...this is beyong stupid..

i never did the math on it if u can actually cap all 3 before without getting 300 prototype data..but it could be the case

we all have plenty of modules now littering our inventories..please let us at least catch up now by letting us cap all 4 curriencies..because we need all of em!

thats could mean at the highest level (if unlucky) when u need 300 per upgrade...not even a single upgrade per week

can confirm thats not the case..it does refer to all 4 curriences

u can get more prototype data (til 300) even if ur 100/100 in the other categories

which..is a relief=)

31 minutes ago, khamseen_air said:

Yeah sadly I burned through all 10 of my weekly memory chip allowance and didn't get any Onderon missions so had to buy them with the prototype data. 

Yep, Friction still exists. Make the modules Legacy Bound. Increase the weekly caps. Something is needed to break the cycle of not being able to complete a week without losing valuable currency for training.

I was "lucky" got all finished 8/11 and am now on 9/11. Took 3 weeks to finish 8/11? Or maybe it was two.

I had to buy Two (2) Kessan's Landing training modules with prototype data.
I think out of 20 memory chips and 40 RNG modules I got 3 Kessan's Landings :( :( :(

9/11 is: 5 training modules and 10 Data Fragments each.
Section X
Manaan (bleh)
Makeb (really? ugh)
Might be lucky with Section X and Manaan modules saved but doubtful on Makeb and ugh.. again.. Makeb is the worst for dailies.
Completing 8 and starting 9 gives 1 each of Section X, Manaan and Makeb training modules

Upgrades are still 50/50 x 6 (Research and Upload)

Currencies are capped except for Combat atm.

image.thumb.png.6b90bd257cb2df469ff1802f72763b89.pngimage.png.21126b16e9d259e14c305c9362ededfd.pngimage.png.4c160a62ba56fc6a6e16e7e30c59e955.pngimage.png.ac457700284c0d0e100e1d3310ef0de3.png

• Saeten changed the title to B3-S1 Bessi and RNG of training modules

After searching through all of my spare training modules I'm at:
5/5 Section X
5/5 Manaan
3/5 Makeb
Gonna wait till next Tuesday Reset to see what I get with 10 more memory chips and x2 training modules before I have to buy any Makeb
Not enough Prototype Data to research any of 9/11this week:
image.png.b8ae64ad2d07521de85125e65b0ca746.png

Edited by Saeten
updated currency snapshot

4 hours ago, Saeten said:

I was "lucky" got all finished 8/11 and am now on 9/11. Took 3 weeks to finish 8/11? Or maybe it was two.

It took you one week. You posted here when you hit Repair Level 8 on June 25th. Without server hopping, this is actually the first week that anyone can reach level 9.

4 hours ago, Saeten said:

Something is needed to break the cycle of not being able to complete a week without losing valuable currency for training.

You don't have to spend resources unless you are going to lose hit storage caps. In your case:

• Earn next week's resources
  • Spend the week's gains on the six console things, which require a full week's of resources reducing you back down to 50/54/53/43
  • Exchange Memory Chips for Training Modules
  • If you get 2 Makeb modules, great
  • If you get 1 Makeb module, just exchange for the other one because you won't fall behind any additional thresholds
  • If you get 0 Makeb Modules
    • (1 week from now) Earn week's resources (putting you at 200/204/203/343) and exchange Memory Chips
    • Same as above for 2 and 1 Makeb modules
    • For 0 Makeb modules
      • (2 weeks from now) Exchange Memory Chips before opening any data since weekly cap puts you over the storage limit, leave enough Memory Chips for however much time you need to finish the level
      • If at that point you still are missing 2 Makeb modules, spend 60 for the missing two. Only at this point will you fall a week further behind
      • Once you finish Repair Level 9, spend enough resources at the console so that you will no longer hit storage cap and then gain the weekly amounts

Ok, seems I have a bug with my Weekly Memory Chip count, as it increased last weeks 6/10 by 1 today to 7/10.  Today being Tuesday when everything resets, I only used it once on one character, so it should have been showing 1/10 for the week.  I have logged onto my 2nd character for today, and it shows the 7/10, with the "Memory chip storage" as yellow and I 'could' get a module.  

So, that means today one a single character I got 7 Memory modules counted against the Weekly.  Its only Tuesday.  Or does something else happen that magically gains a memory module?  I'm not remembering if you can get them from the reward caches, which would make sense.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.