I'm exhausted. Launcher crashes 10+ times before log-in. Also having to accept ToS EVERY time to log-in, still crashes.

I'm so tired. I sometimes spend 10 minutes trying to access the game. Every time having to accept ToS is annoying, then to have it crash upon logging in each time, is really tiring. I'm running an I9, 14k processor, 4070 card, 32 gb of RAM, have all drivers, windows updates, and more all updated and fine. Have checked the files via steam check, everything. A friend and I cannot figure out for the life of us, why this game will not start. I play other games completely fine, Final Fantasy XIV, Guild Wars 2 for example, run fine, never have any issues.

Why for the love of pete, is this happening? When it crashes, it not only sometimes gives the option for a bug report- sometimes its different! Sometimes it blue-screens me, restarting my entire PC on its own, and other times it freezes on the loading screen just before character selection, other times, nothing happens. I'm going nuts trying to access the game and wondering what the deal is.

Please, please someone help me, this is driving me insane.

• Like 1

Bluescreens are more a system issue then a program issue , the program may trigger a bluescreen not cause them

Check the settings mentioned in https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Game-failing-to-launch-on-Clicking-Play/m-p/4809830/highlight/true#M70795 and place the game in window mode for now and see if any change 

TOS issue is known on new steam installs, suggest using the standalone launcher for now https://www.swtor.com/download

Swtor Technical Issues forum is at https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en

Seriously @OwenBrooks you are awesome thank you for always helping out.

But I agree with @Reika_Fujishima the game was running fine for me with no problems and then after the last update I started experiencing a bit of lag here and a frozen screen there and then I couldn't pass the "chains in the dark" loading screen. I understand my specs this and that, but the game was running awesomely just a week or two ago. I play a lot of other games and run a lot of heavy programs on my PC with no problem.

But this is a constant problem and always seems to be a problem after an update.

So I canceled my subscription and will wait to resubscribe when I can log in with no problems.

Game updates are designed around systems that meet or exceed the minimum game requirements 

Those on systems below this will likely always have issues mostly in the later released content more so then the base content 

There is presently no known login issues , so if waiting on a fix from swtor then it will be a very long wait

To help further you need to provide the contents of the client_setting file at minimum although the dxdiag will give a much better idea of the system and any crash reports