Can't Get Pass Loading Screen

Posted (edited)

The Game is stuck at the Loading Screen.

My Computer is strong in the Force and is brand new. Please don't tell me to check the specs, and consult the "Game Log in Troubleshooting Guide" and all that other stuff. The game was running just fine yesterday.

I tried the proprietary way and through Steam, same results.

The little blinky spinny loader on the side just gets stuck and stops rotating.

Please fix it, especially before the unlock sale ends.

Edited by GreyestJedi

• GreyestJedi changed the title to Can't Get Pass Loading Screen

@OwenBrooks Still not working. Tried the information in the link you provided. It would be great if this could be fixed ASAP especially before the unlock sale ends so I can get into the game and unlock some items I recently purchased. Thank you.

1 hour ago, GreyestJedi said:

@OwenBrooks Still not working. Tried the information in the link you provided. It would be great if this could be fixed ASAP especially before the unlock sale ends so I can get into the game and unlock some items I recently purchased. Thank you.

Did u try just reinstalling the game? 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Samcuu said:

Did u try just reinstalling the game? 

I just uninstalled and reinstalled and I still can't get in the game past the loading screen. The Game was working fine the other day with no problems. I haven't changed anything on my computer. Any other ideas?

Help me Obi-Wan Kenobi...you're my only hope.

On 5/7/2024 at 7:53 AM, GreyestJedi said:

https://forums.swtor.com/topic/934089-unable-to-login-into-swtor/page/30/#comment-9813247

There are a lot more fixes in this thread there was a similar bug in late March I believe that was fixed with a patch to the game but if you are experiencing something similar have a look here. Looks like a lot of players were able to figure out a fix from the info given in this thread. 

I don't know if this is related or helps but having installed on anew computer today, I could enter my user details, click play and then nothing.  The following fixed it. I'm no it person so apologies if tried already or irrelevant 

• Recently Upgraded or Installed Windows and never played before on this computer
Install this particular Direct X Redist and ensure the video drivers are up to date.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, OrcaNation said:

I don't know if this is related or helps but having installed on anew computer today, I could enter my user details, click play and then nothing.  The following fixed it. I'm no it person so apologies if tried already or irrelevant 

• Recently Upgraded or Installed Windows and never played before on this computer
Install this particular Direct X Redist and ensure the video drivers are up to date.

Thank you @OrcaNation! I appreciate you taking the time to help. It is still not working.

Posted (edited)

@GreyestJedi

can you attach a dxdiag per https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Posting-a-DxDiag/m-p/4832663/highlight/true#M70799 and the contents of the client_setting file , best to post these in the swtor technical issues forum at https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/bd-p/star-wars-the-old-republic-en

Edited by OwenBrooks
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

I have canceled my subscription.

I will try and log in daily and if I can get pass the loading screen ( the one that says "chains in the dark") and enter the game then I will renew my subscription. Hopefully, I can get in before the unlock sale ends and account-wide unlock some items.

Thank you to everyone on this thread, for all your help and patience.

This community is one reason I love this game.

Posted (edited)

Per https://forums.swtor.com/topic/795177-bug-report-forum-usage/#comment-8547643 

Launcher issues should be posted in the technical issues forum, but if you dont provide the information requested then no one can help you

I do hope it miraculously starts working again , maybe try on a different computer and see if it works, if it does work on a different computer and you have checked the antivirus and firewall 

Did you edit the client_setting file per the link in the first post ? https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Game-failing-to-launch-on-Clicking-Play/m-p/4809830/highlight/true#M70795  

It would be helpful to have the dxdiag and the contents of the client_setting file to compare if you are getting to the chain in the dark screen and not at the launcher with a loading sign

Edited by OwenBrooks
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

Per https://forums.swtor.com/topic/795177-bug-report-forum-usage/#comment-8547643 

Launcher issues should be posted in the technical issues forum, but if you dont provide the information requested then no one can help you

I do hope it miraculously starts working again , maybe try on a different computer and see if it works, if it does work on a different computer and you have checked the antivirus and firewall 

Did you edit the client_setting file per the link in the first post ? https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Guide-Game-failing-to-launch-on-Clicking-Play/m-p/4809830/highlight/true#M70795  

It would be helpful to have the dxdiag and the contents of the client_setting file to compare if you are getting to the chain in the dark screen and not at the launcher with a loading sign

My PC Specs:

16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-1065G7 CPU @ 1.30GHz   1.50 GHz
Windows 11 Home
100 GB Free HD Space of 952 GB Used.

I currently play Starcraft II and other games on this PC so I don't think it's the PC.

Firewall and antivirus settings are not blocking Swtor.

Again thanks for all your help,

Posted (edited)

@GreyestJedi

dxdiag shows more then just what you listed 

So your using a intel video card ? if so paste the client_setting file , the issue maybe textures are too high as these cards are below the minimum game requirements , CPU is below the 2.0Ghz requirement as well
generally In these cases gfx cant be set to higher then high, if set higher game can fail to load

Key lines to adjust would be 

TextureQuality = 1
GraphicsQuality = 1

Edited by OwenBrooks
  • Like 1

On 5/11/2024 at 6:44 AM, OwenBrooks said:

@GreyestJedi

dxdiag shows more then just what you listed 

So your using a intel video card ? if so paste the client_setting file , the issue maybe textures are too high as these cards are below the minimum game requirements , CPU is below the 2.0Ghz requirement as well
generally In these cases gfx cant be set to higher then high, if set higher game can fail to load

Key lines to adjust would be 

TextureQuality = 1
GraphicsQuality = 1

I had to break out my PC from 2015 that runs Windows 8. Download SWTOR. It worked, I logged in. Choppy and Laggy but at least I can log in and unlock things. Hopefully, Broadsword fixes this problem and I can log back on with my reg PC .

!!!Thank you everyone on this thread for all the help and patience!!!

@GreyestJediYour PC appears to be below the minimum game requirements for swtor
Without supplying a dxdiag and the contents of the client_setting file, no further help can be provided anyways, this will not fix itself, changing computers will though as you found

Posted (edited)

My PC works fine.

How did I find out?

After scouring the forums I found a solution. I made a new account and magic. I was able to log in...get past the "chains in the dark" loading screen, create a character, and play!

Now...why can't I get past the "chains in the dark loading screen" with my main account? 

And more importantly, how do I fix it?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Edited by GreyestJedi

Posted (edited)

Systems that didn't meet the minimum game requirements found that creating a new swtor account meant there was less assets to load as it hardly had any characters, once a certain number of characters was created, even the new account would stop loading once it reached a threshold on what was needed to load

however that should of been sorted and there are no large numbers affected, but maybe some systems below the game requirements still get this

But without dxdiags and logs etc there is no information to provide to swtor support if it warrants further investigation and attempt to replicate the issue, all that can be provided is that the person cant get past the loading screen on his computer with a swtor account

Did you edit the client_setting file and set the texture quality as mentioned earlier ?, it could be the new account is able to load in with the higher texture level but the main account wont

Playing the game on a system that meets the minimum game requirements would also be less troublesome

Edited by OwenBrooks

3 hours ago, OwenBrooks said:

Systems that didn't meet the minimum game requirements found that creating a new swtor account meant there was less assets to load as it hardly had any characters, once a certain number of characters was created, even the new account would stop loading once it reached a threshold on what was needed to load

however that should of been sorted and there are no large numbers affected, but maybe some systems below the game requirements still get this

But without dxdiags and logs etc there is no information to provide to swtor support if it warrants further investigation and attempt to replicate the issue, all that can be provided is that the person cant get past the loading screen on his computer with a swtor account

After I did even further research.

My Main account works now...

...I deleted the client_settings.ini and I can log in and play with my main account.

Thank you.

Posted (edited)
49 minutes ago, GreyestJedi said:

...I deleted the client_settings.ini and I can log in and play with my main account.

The client_setting file applies to both your new and old swtor accounts, pasting the content of the client_setting file asked for 7 days ago likely would of sped things up 

I would suggest on a gfx card like the one you are using to not set the gfx setting to higher then high , if set higher the system may also fail to load , deleting the client_setting file may help to get back in game in cases like that

Example of needing to delete the client_setting file with a intel video card https://answers.ea.com/t5/General-Discussion-Technical/Game-Freezing-since-7-4-patch/m-p/13298552/highlight/true#M106274 this just lowers the gfx quality etc as i suggested earlier in this thread

Edited by OwenBrooks