No longer able to purchase Cartel Coins

GrizzlyUK

A week ago (25th April, 2024) I attempted to purchase additional Cartel Coins in-game. Never had any problems before, but for some reason the purchase failed, giving an Error Code 9 message! So I checked my card details on my account, but everything was correrct. Waited about 10 minutes and tried again, but the purchase failed again! Tried again on the 27th April, but the purchase failed once again. Even tried to purchase directly from the website, but that also failed. Searched the web for possible solutions, found quite a few discussions about other players not able to purchase Cartel Coins going back a good few years, but none gave any sort of actual solution.

So, on 28th April I tried removing my payment method and then added it back as a new payment method (yes, I also made sure to check and change the "Manage in-game purchases" option). Tried to purchase Cartel Coins but it failed once again, although now it gives an Error Code 10 message. Checking my account showed that my subscription was due to renew on 30th April, so I figured I'd wait to see what happens. Received an email today confirming my subscription payment was successful and my subscription has renewed for another month! So I tried to purchase some Cartel Coins once again via the website, but, no surprise, it failed once again!

I have spoken with my bank today, they state that they are neither blocking nor refusing any payment requests from either SWTOR, Broadsword or EA. My bank also confirmed that, prior to the subscription payment on 30th April / 1st May there had been NO payment requests since 2nd April, 2024, which was the last time I purchased Cartel Coins! In the last week I have used my payment method for various online purchases, no problems encountered anywhere else! So it's not a problem with my payment method, it's not a problem with my bank, which means the issue is with either Broadsword or EA!

So why am I suddenly no longer able to purchase Cartel Coins anymore? I want this resolved, sooner rather than later! I've been making in-game Cartel Coin purchases for years without any issues, but suddenly attempts to purchase Cartel Coins all fail, whether in-game or directly from the website! Any known, actual solutions for this issue?

Support says it shows as rejected by the bank on their end, given you have checked with your bank , if you have waited a full 24 hrs to retry,  best to use a different payment method like paypal 

Well that seems a bit odd. Looks like I'm going to have another conversation with my bank, No clue as to why my bank would suddenly decide to reject payment requests from SWToR but hopefully I'll find out on Monday.

@GrizzlyUK also check to make sure your "email" is correct under:

https://account.swtor.com/en

This can also prevent the payment from being processed, if not I'd also try calling SWTOR Monday morning as they could give more info about why it's not processed.

Star Wars: The Old Republic - How to get help with STAR WARS™: The Old Republic™ (ea.com)

Contact SW:TOR support by phone

Contact our team by calling the numbers listed below:

• USA: 1-(855)-345-2186 (Available Monday - Saturday from 14.00 UTC - 23.00 UTC)
  • UK: +44 (0)208 1969 890 (Available Monday - Saturday from 14.00 UTC - 23.00 UTC)
  • France: +33 (0) 4 81 68 10 51 (Available Monday - Friday from 07.00 UTC - 15.00 UTC)
  • Germany: + 49 (0)221 8282 9212 (Available Monday - Friday from 07.00 UTC - 15.00 UTC)

Calls made from landlines are local-rate, while those made from mobile devices may be subject to additional charges from your provider.

3 hours ago, GrizzlyUK said:

Well that seems a bit odd. Looks like I'm going to have another conversation with my bank, No clue as to why my bank would suddenly decide to reject payment requests from SWToR but hopefully I'll find out on Monday.

Marked as rejected could also be that the information is wrong for example i would remove and re-add the card initially in both the swtor account and linked ea account 
the email used on the linked ea account should be found on the purchase history page in your swtor account 
this email can be different to the email used on the swtor account

Nothing has changed on my end, same email on both my SWToR and EA accounts, haven't changed payment details, all personal details on both my SWToR and EA accounta are the same now as they have been for years. I purchased Cartel Coins just fine on 2nd April but 23 days later I can no longer purchase Cartel Coins. Also, my subscription renewed perfectly fine on 30th April / 1st May using the exact same payment method I've used for both my subscription and previous Cartel Coin purchases.

I'll wait to see what happens when I speak with my bank but, so far, absolutely nothing about this makes any sense!