Stuck in loading screen or 'Windows_TimedOut solution

Go to taskmanager by CTRL-ALT--DELETE,

and close all 14 instances of SWTOR32 bits.

Then restart game twice, and close the second 'Cannot start double instance'.

Now start the game in CMD line while 32 bit one is running. This second one will be started in 64bit mode.

Now close the bugged 32bit one in Taskmanager.

Enjoy the game in 64bits...🤫

(It is Pretty Easy Anti-Cheat that is doing all the freezing. It also prevents game from closing and starts game in 32 bits.. It is tha flunk!! 🤫)

12 hours ago, SteveTheCynic said:

Where is this 32-bit version installed?  As far as I know, the game has been fully (and solely) 64-bit for a while now.  (Since early 2023, in fact.)

If I run the game by cmd line I get the 64 bit version of the game. I run it by cmd line code (by .bat) because that puts the original LoadingScreen.jpg back before starting the game in the same code (in a bat) cause if I don't and the game starts with another jpg as LoadingScreen.jpg, the checksum fails and the game goes into repairmode for 10 minutes, lol. I also got a .bat that changed the LoadingScreen.jpg into another one by funky namechanging code. Changing it back and forward is a puzzle I solved. With namechaning cmd code, nothing 'hacky'. The code that changes it to the pic I want needs to be executed AFTER the game has passed the password screen a few seconds, so the checksum is finished.

Anyway, this cmd code that just starts the game itself after calling the normal .exe is the only way the games starts in 64 bits on my win pro 64 bit system.

If I just start the game by mouseclicking the .exe laucher (WITH ORIGINAL SCREENSAVER, OR ELSE HORRID REPAIR STARTS 😁!!) I get this 32 bit one:

(I freshly downloaded the SWTOR installer few months ago, and updates all are applied)

Screen Shot 24-04-22 at 03.14 AM.JPG

Screen Shot 24-04-22 at 03.21 AM.JPG

Posted (edited)

*I only use Star Wars pics, No 7 of 9 😉 

**On bad days I run this one for instance..

***I will not put my code here. Even though it is not malicious...

LoadingScreen.jpg

Edited by Capt_Solbeamer
Sith happened

17 hours ago, Capt_Solbeamer said:

If I just start the game by mouseclicking the .exe laucher (WITH ORIGINAL SCREENSAVER, OR ELSE HORRID REPAIR STARTS 😁!!) I get this 32 bit one:

OK, but you didn't answer the question.  Where is it installed?

• Confused 1

Just started happening to me... Logged out yesterday fine now this loading screen forever, never makes it to my character screen...

I deleted

DanteYoda_AccountDev.ini in C:\Users\nameofyourPC\AppData\Local\SWTOR\swtor\settings

And changed in ContextError.ini

[Settings]
GUI_CharacterSheetVisible = false to true

And i logged in finally no idea if it was coincidence or what i did...

Edited by DanteYoda

• 4 months later...
On 4/22/2024 at 9:58 PM, SteveTheCynic said:

OK, but you didn't answer the question.  Where is it installed?

On a partition I made from the 500GB HD. (Not an SSD), so not on C. I always make partition in case windows itself needs a re-install. Gonne then the magic word =. (both games and.... nature movies...)

(*It should be forbidden for shops to discourage pc buyers to make partitions and not provide software/means to make this easy/the standard b.t.w.)

I got a fresh 2T SSD I can install. But I saw the changing of chips and HD on youtube and I fear the 50 screws... 😅 This year my agenda is full anyway. And the heat is not helping too....

Edited by Capt_Solbeamer

Also it is my only working pc.

A gift from a friend of the house who has left the planet alas.

On the bottom I see a windows code.

Deep In the regedit I see another windows code in some IDbackup folder. (AVG told me that this is the correct one)

.....it is my only working pc.... 😅

GL with the fresh 2TB SSD 🥶

*I can always put back the 500GB one if all codes bounce. ....unless I cannot.... 🔨