Guild name is gone

jedikranma

5 hours ago, jedikranma said:

so I am still subbed to this game, but my guild name is gone, I am only one in the guild, but doesn't give me the option to get a new guild name. 

It's an oddity, but sort-of(1) known on the forums.  Basically, if no member-character(2) of the guild logs in for at least 28 days, the guild becomes completely inactive, at which point(3) its name is unlocked, and available for other guilds to use.  If that happens, you will see a weird guild name (all caps, I believe), and it might be that some other guild has taken the name either when it was created or (later) when it was renamed.

(1) That is, hardly known at all, but not completely unknown either.

(2) Everything to do with guilds is per-character, not per-legacy.

(3) Or possibly 28 days later.  Nobody has done enough experimentation to find out which, or if someone has, the results haven't been posted on the forums..

On 4/13/2024 at 7:55 AM, SteveTheCynic said:

It's an oddity, but sort-of(1) known on the forums.  Basically, if no member-character(2) of the guild logs in for at least 28 days, the guild becomes completely inactive, at which point(3) its name is unlocked, and available for other guilds to use.  If that happens, you will see a weird guild name (all caps, I believe), and it might be that some other guild has taken the name either when it was created or (later) when it was renamed.

(1) That is, hardly known at all, but not completely unknown either.

(2) Everything to do with guilds is per-character, not per-legacy.

(3) Or possibly 28 days later.  Nobody has done enough experimentation to find out which, or if someone has, the results haven't been posted on the forums..

how much information like this is locked away and not documented anywhere.

Is it that problematic that players have a reference to see what happens if no player from a guild logs into that character ?

I have been in guilds where no player has logged in for months, then the leader role has fallen to me months later, guild name intact... so it's not forced, should we assume it only happens if someone created a new guild with the same name that what you are saying triggers ?

On 4/13/2024 at 2:24 AM, jedikranma said:

so I am still subbed to this game, but my guild name is gone, I am only one in the guild, but doesn't give me the option to get a new guild name. 

If it is not as Steve say's above, and you are still in your guild, what is the name of the guild in the guild menu (G key)

if it is the correct name there, then perhaps you have turned off guild tags in your preferences ?